Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Vacation research

Is there a way on this forum to search where listings are, assuming that information has been shared by a host? I know some people are forthcoming with where they are in posts and that there is a place to put your location in your profile, should you choose to, but can that be searched to find all hosts (that disclosed location) in, say, Dublin Ireland? etc?

We have three locations that we would like to research for vacation next year, and I would like to give our business to hosts on this forum, as opposed to just searching randomly on the Airbnb site for our locations.

Any way y’all know to pay it forward forum-style?

Other than putting the destination in the search box…no I can’t think of anything. I’ve just put posts saying “any hosts in fill in the blank” and had some luck. Also if you just make a post saying you are going to x y and z maybe someone who remembers someone will chime in.

Also people who like to keep it on the down low might message you.

3 Likes

Says the member with hidden public profile. :wink:

2 Likes

Really? You can’t see lostcovelodge.com on their profile?

3 Likes

I am looking for a place in a city for a conference in a couple of months… ironically, I think I am “better suited for a hotel”.

3 Likes

Nope. I only get a message that says “This user’s public profile is hidden”

1 Like

What business are you looking to give @Caelleai?

And you do know about STR restrictions in Dublin don’t you?

I know a fab host in Dublin but she’s not on this forum. We also had a house there growing up so happy to advise on areas if that helps.

2 Likes

Title you article:
Any hosts in [list areas here]?

Explain in your message you would prefer to stay with a host who participates in the forum. Ask them to private message you.

2 Likes

Yes, I see that when I look incognito. She has posted her listing here previously though and is definitely one of the more forthright members.

3 Likes

You’re right! I need to change that, but family issues right now have me in “protect the nest” mode, and this is a public forum. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks KKC! I go through “no more social media!!!” times and limit things and then later decide to crawl back out from under my rock, lol :wink: We have a very unique family name and my kiddo just happens to be starting a new school this month so I am very much in Mama Bear mode right now, haha!

2 Likes

I struggle with this. The Internet can be cruel and I am not into sharing my private life with global strangers. It is a balance between my reclusive nature and building an online presence about my personal home at an arm’s distance from my personal life.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I recently followed anyone and anything on Facebook and wish I could get rid of it all together but we have our house listed on there, so that it all i keep it for. I haven’t checked it in WEEKS - YIPPEE! So freeing and healthy :wink:

1 Like

No. The public profile has been hidden.

1 Like

We are looking at the Western coast - driving from CA through WA(?) and Michigan and Maine. I’m a kayaker and gotta find forests and water :wink: I changed my profile to allow messages and my website. If anyone is interested in a family of three, next March and sometime next Summer.

Thanks!

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!