Using another site in addition to Airbnb

Thank you all so much for your helpful comments to my question, as I say, I am new to this so advice from the experienced is gratefully received.
I have now signed up with BDC and have already received my first booking. However, whilst I found the Airbnb site easy to navigate, I find the BDC site a bit more difficult.
With Airbnb I have a nightly rate for 2 guests and then an additional per person amount for over 2 guests which works well. But I don’t seem to be able to replicate this on BDC.
Any helpful advice please?

The information is all there:

Home >>> Partner Help >>> Your Rates & Availability >>> How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?

JF

Hi Everyone,
Any suggestions to help with cleaning units? To have a responsibile cleaner show up with supplies and clean it well each time? I am having to follow my cleaners to check their work. And is there a way to have the system automated?

Thank you for your time.

Errr… maybe just hire responsible cleaners, or simply do it yourself?

Or is this a trick question?

JF

1 Like

Isn’t this just part of the job? Checking to make sure it is done well? How do you automate a human?

You mean like just push a button and the house is clean?

If the spammers who post here hawking their products could come up with an app that did that, they probably wouldn’t get booted off the forum.

3 Likes

It’s called supervision. It’s what you’re being paid for, to MANAGE.

You could have a checklist, and have cleaners take pix of each checklist item and send them to you, which would also be a defense against fake refund seekers.

If you have consistent problems with cleaners, my advice is to NOT use a service, or use one where you can specify who is cleaning your unit or units. I clean myself except on the rare occasion when my tour business causes a conflict.

My fallback cleaner is a service, but the owner always checks when the cleaner is done, and her standards are higher than mine.

1 Like

I’m on Airbnb, VRBO, and booking dot com. I use IGMS for my channel manager.

No, not a trick question. I do hire people whom they say are responsible. Trying them out and some show up and others do not.

I’ve called the finance team and they are going to change my payment frequency hopefully. It’s not something you can do yourself apparently.

What training do you give them? Remember that preparing a place for Airbnb is so much more than simply cleaning. Are the people you hire aware of this?

I do the preparation myself (because like some other hosts here) I believe I do it better than anyone I could hire. But nevertheless, I have a full apartment preparation guide complete with photographs online and password protected. That way, if anyone has to deputise for me (which happened when I was suddenly hospitalised), they have full instructions online which they can refer to on their phones when they are doing the job.

We really can’t expect ‘cleaners’ to know how to prepare a place to Airbnb standards. And as others have said, it’s up to you to manage them properly. Just as you have to manage the other people you use, the prep crew need to be supervised and trained to your standards.

Somebody could make a fortune if they invented that. Even pressing a button and the loo is clean would work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do most of the cleaning ourselves and have a part time cleaner for when we are out of town or have a conflict . This is a second job for our part time cleaner and a mid week cleaning is tough for her and tough for me. So I tried to hire someone else—professional cleaner— who could clean during the week. I told them I would do the laundry, the restocking and the final disinfectant, and I still could not get them to give me a price. They offered to refer us to someone else.They have never called me. They are familiar with the new cleaning protocol and Already do several STR. My place is small and newer and easier to clean than most, so without the laundry, I would not have thought a professional cleaner would pass. Maybe my obsessively organized drawers and cabinets scared them off, or the pictures I have of every drawer and cabinet so I can tell where everything goes and if something is missing …maybe I am going to have real trouble finding someone to clean for me.

A cleaner that would be put off by OCD probably is not detail oriented enough for you. So this is where you use your social network.

Are you a church person? Church ladies often will give you a very candid opinion on who the best house cleaners, yard service, handpersons are.

Or ask at the salon the next time you get your hair done.

1 Like

I am going to call and make an appointment. I have not been to the salon in 10 mths. Its a great idea.