Situation: guest using name AA. Requests to book. His name through Air and name BB registered are not even close. Guest has no ratings as a guest nor as host. Did not review house rules for booking.
What I did:
- Reported guest to air BnB, st sting inconsistency in ID
- Called Airbnb, they tell me to “deny” requestf. I tell them it will be used against me, that the matter of inconsistent ID needed to be investigated. Air rep says he will escalate to next level up and I will get an email response. No response received, and close to the 24 hour time to approve/decline. I decline guest. In decline, state to guest to reveiw Airbnb regulations/house rules re reservations.
Same guest sends request to book, again, 3 days later. He states he was denied and still wants to rent, and we can count on them leaving the place in order as he manages Airbnb properties in his area.
- I advise him his ID registered with air and legal ID are not the same. Also point out to guest that no listings are under his ID (no reviews).
- I call Airbnb again, and am told again to deny his request. I told Air rep this is 2 denials, will go against me, and our account will be suspended. Air says they will cancel the reservation. Air rep sends an email that tells me to report the ID,which I had already done 4 days prior, in order to block it. I am unable to block the user.
- The guest sends me another response stating he doesn’t know where he’s going wrong that he rented through Airbnb (he does not have any reviews). I respond back and tell him he needs to talk with Airbnb about the matter. He responds again stating that they found another place.
- I block the dates on my calendar just in case, but now will miss out on a future guest for the weekend.
Has anyone had this situation, and what can one do since Air has been unresponsive?