Urgent Advice pleas!

Yes, this is what I was thinking, depending on your cancellation policy. (What is yours?) If it’s lax they may be able to get away with cancelling early without asking you in advance. @Brittany_Anderson I like the letter you wrote.

I would be put off by the question, though.

If your policy is more strict I’d ask him to cancel and book only the nights he knows for sure, then ONLY IF you happen to be vacant for the additional nights you’ll allow him to stay.

You shouldn’t be the one risking losing a booking depending on how his daughter does, for heavens sake!

2 Likes

Indeed. And if wanting to make a reason-based response rather than emotion-based, @Joan can actually explain that making a longer reservation and then truncating it will lead to loss of revenue and the attendant stress. And hence the suggestion for a shorter booking and then a (tentative) extension later.
Reasoning it out works. Sometimes.

3 Likes

I’d also add that if they don’t cancel and rebook a shorter stay they will not get a refund for leaving early.

1 Like

What aRe considered valid reasons to cancel instant book?
I’m too skeerd to try it.

The meal went very well indeed and my head was a little sore this am! Airbnb have cancelled this chap, agreeing that his demands were unreasonable. I spoke to someone in Dublin who was really helpful and no penalty applied.

I would like to thank everyone for all your help and support. Unbelievable!

6 Likes