[Updated JAN 2024] Tried and Recommended Products for Airbnb Hosts

Lots of helpful suggestions in here. Thank you!

1 Like

We get stuff at Costco. And like buying from local crafts people ā€¦ soaps, candles gift baskets with local jams and such. We buy hotel sheets and towels and other commercial hospitality items from VRSUPPLIES.ca

1 Like

I use plain old fashioned eucalyptus oil, and guests remark how lovely it smells, asking what I use to clean. As do visitors into my main house in front. Good old eucalyptus oil and soap, simple!

10 Likes

This is wonderful except it makes me feel like such a slacker!

6 Likes

I use peppermint essential oil when mopping floor, keeps bugs away

12 Likes

No, I feel your pain. I am an almost organic gardener and use soap and neem oil for pests outdoors. But I cannot have a jillion ants in my rental kitchen.
But ants dont live indoorsā€¦something is attracting themā€¦get rid of that, you bring a few in on a flowerā€¦peonies who just wander around and probably die and sometimes continuous heavy rain has them seek refuge.
They cannot survive indoors.

Spraying one spot on your foundation is not going to kill an ant colony, believe me. The few you spray die and then the line following them scatter.

1 Like

What a great helpful site! I couldnā€™t find a putty pencil either, but I think a regular tube of painters putty would work. I think I can buy it in a relatively small tube that doesnā€™t need a putty gun. Then I could rub it in with my plastic glove on. Iā€™ll try it and let you know. Becky

Goof Off! Great for those super stubborn black shoe streaks on hardwood floors and does not strip off the finish! A bit stinky when still wet, but works great! Here are other uses that the product info page lists:

Removes latex paint spills, adhesives and glues
Eradicates sticker residue, erases ink and marker
Great for caulk, asphalt and tar cleanups
Use on: adhesive, glue, asphalt, tar, caulk, dried latex paint
Use around garage, workshop and home
Use on baseboards, metal, glass, brick, wood, concrete, grout, varnished and oil-based painted surfaces
Also works on graffiti, gum, crayon, candle wax, bugs and tree sap
Works the first time, no need to reapply

6 Likes

We use a nice website site Amenity Company They have everything we like to order all in one place.

1 Like

Bought oneā€“no assembly save inserting two metal posts into slots for the hamper portion. The Winsome brand was a few bucks more, so I went with Tangkula. Neither item is on Prime as of today (6/6/18) but mine came with free shipping and arrived in 6 days. Great quality and attractive, thanks OP for the heads up on this item! (and for all the other suggestions as well.)

1 Like

No problem! We love ours too :wink:

1 Like

Great post! Thank you!

I dug up the entire ant colony, put in a bucket & threw it out in the woods.

2 Likes

Are you a paid spokes person for Amazon? LOL! Tips are appreciated; I am a Prime member although the membership fee has increased, but what about eco-friendly products?

1 Like

thanks for this. and no harsh chemicals!

1 Like

Actually, I believe he is a paid spokes person for Amazonā€¦ He probably should have added a disclaimer that the ā€œfollowing links are Amazon Affiliate links.ā€

Iā€™m sorry, Ive just read that he does say this already in his posting rules messageā€¦ ā€œ(The owner, @tom2 is using ads and links to affiliates in a pinned post to offset the cost of hosting the forum. Itā€™s inappropriate and a violation of the TOS for others to try to piggyback onto his site.)ā€

1 Like

I recently installed a bidet attachment for my toilet and honestly, Iā€™m in love with the product and highly recommend it! It feels like Iā€™ve upgraded my whole bathroom and I get a lot of internationals who enjoy it as well. For the longest time Iā€™ve been trying to find the right bidet attachment because using wipes kinda sucks - it just not effective or sustainable. I guess it was from all the research I was doing on bidets that I finally came across an ad on Instagram for Tushy. I try my best to stay away from tools & anything to do with assembling stuff, but the installation was actually very straight-forward and took less than 15 minutes. It was cheaper than expected - way less expensive than anything I was finding at Costco or Home Depot. I also think itā€™s an easy way to differentiate your rental into something more spa-like. If youā€™re looking for it make sure to check out hellotushy.com (not tushy- nsfw).

3 Likes

I provide wipes, but due to plumbing in this house they cannot be flushed. Big house rule, nothing flushed but TP, plus youā€™re right, wipes are not sustainable. Do you find that bidet/bidet users make a big mess with this? I can imagine water and XXXX getting sprayed everywhere by careless users of the bidet. Whatā€™s your experience?

2 Likes

I recently started using Norwex products and it cuts down on my cleaning time and the number of products I have to use/buy! Norwex Microfiber cleans with nothing but water. These household products use enzymes for their incredible cleaning power, instead of harsh chemicals like chlorine, ammonia, and phosphates. It took me a while to give up some of the trusty cleaning products I have used for over 20 years, but I am so happy I did! Environmentally friendly, less time to clean and saves money. Win win win in the airbnb turnover world!

1 Like