[Updated JAN 2024] Tried and Recommended Products for Airbnb Hosts

Thank you so much for this information.

1 Like

Definitely a useful post. I will take a try to start my list. Thanks.

This is what Iā€™m using, too!

Me too! Sure beats ironing or steaming the edges of the sheets/pillow cases.

OMG! Thank goodness - says a lot about the product - that could have been a really bad one.

Iā€™ve found Folex to be amazing for upholstery. Works miracles. Make sure to follow instructions on the back (eg. blot donā€™t wipe.)

1 Like

Was ist das? Ich kann nicht sehen.

I use non-fragrance detergent and no fabric softener. But I have a spray bottle with epsom salts, water and 10 drops each of geranium and lavender. I spray around the place and it gives a nice gentle, soothing scent. No one has complained as itā€™s not strong. Thatā€™s my air freshener! (I even spray the artificial flower in the bathroom)

1 Like

Ooh, this mix sounds wonderful. Iā€™m going to try at our home first and then the vacation home. Thx for sharing!

Itā€™s great that no guests have complained, but I happen to hate the smell of lavender, and I had a guest who told me she also hated it.

What is a pleasant smell to one person may be an objectionable smell to another. There are no universally appreciated scents so I just try to keep my rental space fragrance-free.

1 Like

I sniffed a lot of smells to get to that one. Used the lavender and geranium on an old sock with a ball inside and vinegar in the dryer as well.

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s unfortunate. I would have thought it was fairly universal. (Itā€™s more geranium than lavender) Let me know if youā€™re coming to the Old Schoolhouse in Wexford Ireland and Iā€™ll leave it out! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey!

I would like to connect and ask you some questions about your service.

Over the years, we accrued a number of hacks to keep it clean.

1. Paint everything white. Itā€™s a quick fix, and it looks great.
  2. Spray 9. Then get the heck out and leave the windows open.
  3. Bleach. And more bleach.
  4. A dyson vac.
  5. When in doubt, windex.
  6. Brillo pads
  7. A dishwasher. Includes some interesting things.
  8. A power washer. You may never use it. But itā€™s great fun.
  9. Bed bug covers.
  10. Pine Sol. It Smells clean.

On a big turnaround day, I could literally walk 2.5 miles just cleaning. Truth is, I just got tired. Airbnb has shown me how to run an exceptionally clean house.

What I appreciate today are the little things. Someone unloads the dishwasher. Someone sweeps the floor. Itā€™s the 5 percenters that keep me going.

3 Likes

I am a brand new host. I had my first guest just leave and I havenā€™t even gone to see how it is. However, I know i need some extra sheets. I like cotton sheets and am so afraid of sheets pilling or being really hot. I see that you have recommended these sheets. How long have you had them?

Amazing post! I will definitely order some of the items in this listing thanks a lot Alex but who achieves an ISO Certification in Bahrain with certivatic only because then those products are genuine products so I prefer those products always.

I sprinkle peppermint oil on the vents and spritz it into crevices (old house)ā€” no spiders and always Christmas!

this thread is really helpful!

1 Like

It is! The recommendations are important for some who are just starting

1 Like

Iā€™m new to hosting, and this list is incredibly helpful!! I want to make my place as sustainable as possible and iā€™m wondering if anyone has any tips or resources? Iā€™m providing as much reusable products and non plastic items as I can such as kitchen supplies (beeswax wraps, disposable bamboo cutlery, reusable bags, compost bin) and bathroom products. But Iā€™m wondering if anyone has any extra hacks to make my place more sustainable/eco friendly resources or ideas? Thanks everyone!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes