Update on Changing to long term hosting

Uggg. What is your washing rules? They have to be there 4 days minimum? I’m proud of you go speaking up!! You’ve got more guts than I do!

That did not come easy, those guts. Yes, its in my rules but always say it out loud anyway when i greet them, but with him i forgot. Well, if he wants to stay here till NOvember he better stop doing that laundry everyday:)
In my rules i allow only 2 loads a week with stays over 5 days

2 Likes

This is the engineer… He’s probably a little bit air headed.

He is actually very VERY to the point. And very likable guy. I think he will take it 'like a man", lol, and there wont be any other issues in a future. To think about it its not much rules there to follow in my house.

ALso, i wanted to ask, am i being unreasonable to ask about only 2 loads per person? Thats what i do for me and my husband. I actually only do 2 loads a week per both of us, one light, one dark. Our laundry machines are large

Who brings these people up? I blame their mothers :slight_smile:

But seriously, you’d think that today most people would be aware of the environmental impact of laundering just a few items. Play the ‘green’ card.

Yana, what do you mean you wrote him (aren’t you in the same house)? Have you thought of taping a small sign on or above the machines about the rules of usage? Or how about leaving a small laminated list of the basic house rules on the night stand or dresser so the guest reads it when he/she first arrives.

It would help to eliminate awkward confrontations.

Its a big house:), and he is in his room. I dont see him at all, thats why i wrote to him, and on Air site just to be sure its recorded. I am pass the awkward stage. I am very comfortable telling guests what i need.

1 Like

Not unreasonable! I am always on water cons here and I do full loads. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that anything less is a waste of water, utilities and wear and tear on the system…

Guys are sometimes clueless about laundry. I’ve seen my boys wash only one or two things. I’ve tried to teach them but sometimes boys are clueless. They just haven’t done as much laundry as women tend to.

I do, i do:) “DO you care about environment?” hehe

I am thinking, arent they too lazy to do laundry everyday. And why? Why this insane desire to wash everyday. I even told him he can use my detergent, because he seemed so sensible to me

I find that it’s a great way to embarrass people into being more energy-efficient :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well how long will your detergent last if he’s doing tiny loads every day? :smile:

Personally, I think two loads a week for one person is a load too much, especially if you have an oversized machine. If it were my guest, I would give him one complimentary wash and dry a week and any additional load would be the same as he would pay at a laundromat, $2/load.

ka-ching! : )

I know, but i buy those huge ones in BJs, it comes to 7 cents a load. Its really not about money 100%, though electric bill counts too. But its more about carelesnes and just making no sense behavior. Its like seeing some throwing garbage on a pavement but not into the garbage bin that is right there. WHy to polute street where you yourself are walking?! I just saw a mother changing her baby in my GYM and leaving poopy diper right there on a table. YOu would think its just that one mother, but i see those diapers there all the time.
Its the same thing here with laundry.

I think 2 loads a week per person is very reasonable and generous!

1 Like

Thank you for being on myside, but what about light and dark clothes.I always wash them separately

We are a two-person household and do two loads per week. This includes our personal laundry plus bedding, towels and miscellaneous stuff like dish towels, bathmat etc. And this is in hot and sweaty South Florida where most items can’t be worn more than once.

So yes, two loads per person per week is more than generous!

1 Like

Yes, I didn’t think about light and dark clothes because everything I have is colorfast. (Also, I wasn’t counting the towels and linen because that’s not on him, right?)

Anyway, my elbow is always a little stiff when reaching for my wallet, so don’t mind me.

1 Like

No, i wash his linens. And towels. In addition i just wrote in big letters what i emailed him and taped it right on washer.