Unfair review for cleanliness

I’m petite and I always wonder if I missed anything because it’s above my head and not at my eye level.

I remember a friend that unloaded the dishwasher for me when I was hosting a dinner party for friends. I could’t find the dishes she put away. Turned out that she placed them in the kitchen cabinet on the third shelf. I always used the bottom shelf. I’m 5 ft and she was 6 ft. So eye level does vary greatly.

I had to get a chair to reach them and move them to the bottom shelf. I imagine the 8 ft lady would put the dishes on the 4th shelf LOL

2 Likes

Many years ago, I had a very small kitchen, a large frying pan and a very tall brother-in-law.

These three things came together when, after the brother-in-law had left after staying with us overnight, I couldn’t find the frying pan.

Because I had the bed and breakfast business at the time, I needed my large frying pan every single day to cook greasy full English breakfasts for four or five guests.

The frying pan had completely disappeared so I had to hastily buy another before the next day’s breakfast prep.

Several days later, when I was cleaning the kitchen I found the frying pan on top of a wall cupboard.

My brother-in-law had made himself some breakfast before he left and he unthinkingly put the frying pan there because of the lack of space in the kitchen.

So yes, size matters.

3 Likes

As I designed my house and it was built from scratch, I have no kitchen cupboards or shelves I can’t reach without standing on a chair. I’m 5’4".

2 Likes

I never had to wonder. My mother-in-law was tall and could be counted on for letting me know… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

sure, I use this to my advantage when I need to “hide” things from my husband, he won’t look on the lower shelves of the fridge or pantry :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think she meant overall not just for cleanliness. I used to sometimes get 4s and even 3s for cleanliness because I was cleaning it on braces for my legs and couldn’t bend over much. I explained this to guests and most of them gave me 5s. I’ll take a sympathy 5. Now I am on 4.83 overall and it won’t budge. And while I have had a professional cleaner for 3 years it doesn’t change because I have over 350 reviews. I don’t even look at the stars anymore, in case I explode with apoplectic rage if someone gives me a 4. But I read what they say in the review Airbnb emails me.

2 Likes

I used to clean my mother’s house when I was at uni and lived there. She was a stickler for cleanliness and if I didn’t do it to her standard she would make me do it again. I left the top of the fridge filthy, because I knew she (5’7") couldn’t see it whereas I (6’3") could.