Uh oh...a bad review is on its way (advice?)

Hi @KKC,

Interesting. I don’t have a shower head like that, just regular taps. Is that easier/better than adjusting the taps manually?

The settings on the showerhead are to adjust the water flow (spray, pulse, etc.), not to adjust the water temperature.

In the listing, in the rules, in the house documents and when I greet them.

In essence what a ‘low flow’ shower head does is lower the maximum. You could always modify a non-type and block off every other hole on it, to lower the maximum flow.

If that happens, you should decorate the outhouse and have funny wall art in there. A little vase with wildflowers, etc etc

Make it into an Experience

2 Likes

it’s your home and you can have as many " crazy" rules as you wish. . You got a good advice here to wait and not leave review until they do. They might not though to leave you bad review at all

In June several articles came out about the water-saving benefits of urinating in the shower… maybe print a couple out and leave them as reading material in the bathroom… :wink:

The single handle tap adjust temperature at a steady pressure. I added a valve on the pipe coming out of the wall that adjusts the pressure (1st pic) and then the handheld shower on an extra long hose has 5 spray settings including “off.” (Pic 2) So the water flow can be turned down or off at the shower head without adjusting the temp. valve. As a consumer sometimes I want a vigorous high pressure shower. Sometimes I want to turn off the water while I lather up or shave my legs. This guest bathroom has no tub just the walk in shower so I put a small bench and the hand held attachment so someone could shave their legs or wash their feet (which I do often in the summer wearing flip flops) or avoid getting their hair wet.

2 Likes

Hi @KKC,

I’ve thought of getting one of those single handle/lever taps for the basin and the shower in the guest bathroom, but haven’t yet. I have them in other places, and like them. The premium brand here is something called Jaguar, which actually appears to be an Indian company. If/when I’ll get those, I’ll consider getting a shower with multiple spray settings.

Is there a general concensus that single handle taps are better than two taps, whether in the shower or the basin? This isn’t a topic of discussion that comes up often.

That deserves it own topic and might prove as popular a duvets and electric kettles :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know about that but it seems that all the new installations for showers now are single handle. For a lavatory basin I prefer two handle, for my kitchen sink a single handle.

Do you mind if I ask why? Maybe I’ll learn something. :slight_smile:

I just like the way they look better. I think also there are many times in the lav where I only need or want cold water so I only need the cold tap. In my kitchen I often use only cold water but I chose that faucet for looks and compactness.

1 Like

I’ve actually seen reviews where people complain about the two tap system in showers, usually in older pre-war buildings. I take it as a sign that they grew up suburban homes that were built post 70’s or so and have never done much traveling.

I really could care less about how many handles, but I hate hate hate when there is one spigot for cold and a different one for hot. Can’t tell you how many bathrooms I have had to convert from that 1910 horror show!

1 Like

For me, I don’t care how many handles there are in a bathroom shower, bathtub or sink. I think maybe two handles with hot and cold markings might be better for guests.

For the kitchen sink I need a single handle of the lever style. This is so that I can turn the water on or off with my forearm if my hands have food on them.

Ok, I’m starting another thread about this. Hold your horses, everyone.

1 Like