Two changes to the listing page: reviews out of order, and number of times favorited

Hi Jackulas, I dont think so, as no ones marked helpful on any of my guest reviews. ( i went into my listing as if i was a guest to check).
Today my reviews are even more different! Annoying! I’m going to ring airbnb later about it, as i’ve had different answers from various airbnb staff when I talk to them on their facebook page!

Monica has noticed a new bad thing!!! Percentage of guests who recommend you! DISLIKE!!!

Here’s me:

Mine are out of order… and there’s no way to sort them from most recent to least recent.

The “Helpful” button is another faulty release to the reviews system though less harmfull than the reviews out of order, and on top, nobody uses it. We are not books, movies,or product cataloged in Amazon. What states a Helpful review? A long detailed description? A postive one? A negative one? Do you need to experience a stay in there to grab your most Helpful review or you can decide which one is the most Helpful to you because it helps you decide staying there? If I see 2 Helpful clicks in a review how could I know (being still a non-guests) that this were left by guests or simply by users watching the listings page the same as you are? Something is wrong here if are able to follow me.

Another thing is that the Helpfull button lets anyone (really anyone!) to click on it. If you can manipule your own “Helpfull” reviews then Airbnb is losing transparency on their review system as you can go crazy and open as many private sessions and click in your best reviews as many times you want. The other side is that a not-so-happy guest that has stayed with you can also make the same but in your worst review this time (and many times!). And the last one is that you are giving an evil tool to your fellow host (close to you) to flag your listing in his favor highlighting the worst comments you have. If, on top of that, Airbnb´s algorithms puts the most helpful button at the very top (hypotetically speaking as we don´t know yet) you don´t need me to explain you what will be the end result.

1 Like

I’m just highly dissapointed with what they are doing to the reviews. They are manipulating the system in ways that are hard to live with and the bottom line if that what they do affects our perfomance as hosts. If they start mixing data like this I wouldn´t surprise myself to see in a future big label on my lisiting saying “This place is most suitable for old people with dissabilities”.

It’s like they are trying to take after Reddit with the upvoting system.

We should write to them with a complaint!

1 Like

Now it has me obsessing… just who were the 6% that hated me???
I know surely the Alberta witch gave me a thumbs down but that is only one out of 80.

Now this new thing with
"highlights" and some key words like
"tidy" 3
"Comfortable" 4
"cozy" 2
there is a 3 - NOT because I have a 3 in tidy ratings,
but because 3 people have used the word ‘tidy’ in a review.
Could that be more confusing???

What! Something more?!!! Why do they keep tinkering with something that is not broken!?!!!

Aghhhh not something else! It’s driving me crazy!
PS: btw Konacoconutz, we are taking a trip soon, and one of the places we are going is hawaii!
We will be so excited to spend time with another host !

1 Like

I can never be as fabulous as you though! I don’t want you to be disappointed!!! :smile: