Turning Your Home into a Whole House Listing for Special Events

Unsure… maybe someone here who has experience can reply.

Working on it! Put some energy and love into redesigning our small bedroom, hope it picks up again- we have a low season as it seems now. Hope all is great in beautiful Hawaii!

1 Like

Is it typical on this board to have a whole separate conversation in the middle of someone else’s thread? I’d appreciate it if we can keep this thread on topic.

What separate conversation?? Because she wished me well? Lighten up!!!

1 Like

It is typical - and can often be amusing or fun - but I understand the frustration.

I agree with @anon67190644 - as long as you’re clear in your listing what you’re offering, why would you have to ‘sterilize’ it? I’ve rented cabins, etc., that were obviously the host’s home that they also used - clothes in teh closet, hats on the rack, etc. What did I care?

And disasters like out-of-control parties can happen regardless - but lots and lots of people rent out their homes everyday on airbnb and have no incidents at all.

Not that you shouldn’t be prepared - just - we can be cautious but not expect the worst.

On forums like this we are going to hear the worst. People won’t often write in and say “I had 97% occupancy this month with no incidents apart from some slamming doors and mascara on towels” It doesn’t make good ‘copy’.

2 Likes

Thanks for the outlook. Again, any and all suggestions are welcome! Including ones of caution and ones of go for it! :slight_smile:

Hi Liz. I was mentioned in the comment and opened the Forum to see how I can help. Why are you trying to control what other hosts are saying? And you expect being helped? Did you create this Forum and the rules? Most of us here are in good relationships and we intend to keep it this way. If you have a problem with it, I am sorry it’s not a right place for you.
Best forum!!! :heart:️Hope everyone is well :heart:
@konacoconutz
@azreala
@cabinhost
@dcmooney
@Mearns
@Yana

1 Like

Yes its very typical, and its a useless effort to try to command people what to do and stay on topic. Its just not going to happen:)

2 Likes

I’m not arguing with you or with anyone. Please don’t do this. I asked if it’s typical for a second conversation to take place within a thread here because I’m fairly new here. I asked a question, and when I see a little number beside my picture that tells me a response has happened in the thread I started, I was expecting to see something about the topic I brought up. If it’s typical for other conversations to happen within a thread, so be it. I’m informed. No need to be insulting to me because I asked a question. Can this mini-thread be over now? Peace! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You didn’t ask a question… you made a command. See above.

Thank you, Yana!!! :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

“I’d appreciate” is a command? That’s silly. Please, can we stop arguing now? I’m a pretty nice person. I hate arguing, and I don’t know why people want to.

Well the tone you took there didn’t feel nice to us. We all tried to help you, took time out of our morning to write responses and you then had to make a remark when another member responded to my comment. One comment. Not a whole conversation.

Some of our best conversations and best advice, by the way, have happened in threads that went off topic. This is a frequent occurrence here and while that may not be tolerated on some boards, here we are friendly and go with the flow. So If you don’t like posts that go off topic you may not like this board.

3 Likes

If you want me gone, I’m gone. Seems silly, though. I’ve been ganged up on by people who otherwise seem pretty nice, just like I’m pretty nice. You thought you heard “tone,” when I was pretty straight-forward. That’s one of the problems with internet communication. People hear “tone” where it is not, or hear one tone when another was intended. If you noticed, I appreciated all the help I got here on this thread, and I was just surprised when another discussion about something else showed up, so I asked about it and said what I’d appreciate. Last I heard, appreciation was a positive word, not a negative one. And then I clarified, twice, and it’s still not over. Is it that people enjoy a conflict? I don’t. Can this please be over now?

It can be over… But it seems to me there was not a problem here until you issued your “request.” And it was a request. I’m a teacher… so… I often say to students… “I’d appreciate if you got your work done before recess. I would appreciate it if you didn’t chat to your neighbor…” Or as a mom… “I’d appreciate it if you could help unload the dishwasher…”

See what I mean?

2 Likes

Yes that is typical Liz, on here & in real life conversations, you may have started a thread but it doesn’t mean it MUST all revolve around you. I find your response quite rude and sure why poster would want to help you with that attitude! Wow

2 Likes

I imagine that she is quite young and not accustomed to forum netiquette.

This was over, and you stepped in for no other reason than to call me rude. Also, no, I don’t think 57 is young. To the moderators of this board, please remove me. I don’t need to be attacked repeatedly for asking a question.