Tropical Storm Dorian

or not too awful, as the BBC would have us believe it is; this time on the 1pm news.

1 Like

I had a family staying at my home that was evacuated from the Georgia coast for Dorian, they left this morning to return home. Hopefully the damage at their home was not too bad.

We had a huge hurricane come right through our town almost a year ago and it was amazing how much damage it did, and how frightening it was to stay through it. It took a long time to clean up and repair afterwards.

There you go Joan, fixed that for you :wink:

JF

reporting in from Charleston SC.
Peak tides not enormous. No worse than our regular usual very high king tides.
Everything seems to be ā€œholdingā€.
Downtown will, and is, flooding just like always.
Most everyone without power and will remain that way at least until tonight they cant fix now.
We have no power and will start generator soon.
Winds raging outsideā€¦definite hurricane, but we are 60 miles from center.
This will continue a few more hours. So far my major damage is a few leaks around windows /doors just like always, and the hot tub cover is offā€¦forgot to strap it down.
No trees downed and no huge branches broken off here ( yet ) my biggest fear or problem.
Certainly trees down around town.
Charleston will be back to normal ( my prediction ) by Friday afternoon, except in the places that have had problems in the past with flooding.

3 Likes

Tornado touched down this morning in North Myrtle Beach SC. Some damage at next condo neighborhood north of mine.

Dorian gained force and is now a 2/3 category. (Dammit!- I was hopeful of it decreasing; yesterday was TS/1). Watching it unfold on Twitter.

Iā€™m 200 miles inland and it is getting ā€œbreezyā€ actually stormy breezy.

Glad both sets of guests left in plenty of time & are home safe

I hope all stay safe.

3 Likes

It has exited Charleston SC.
No major damage that I know of right now.
Just need power restored.

1 Like

All good in Savannah, too. We didnā€™t even lose power! It was a little weird around 2:00 a.m. but we didnā€™t really have much of a storm. Only 1 inch of rain. All that feverish preparation. . .not complaining though. I am heartbroken for The Bahamas.

4 Likes

Hilarious! That would really piss my awful sister off bigly style.

I could have made a fortune selling that Motherā€™s Pride; proper bread instead of dust.