[Updated JAN 2024] Tried and Recommended Products for Airbnb Hosts

Here is a water damage and mold prevention kit. It includes a commercial dehumidifier, air movers and air scrubber.

https://www.airchaser.com/product_cat/mold-prevention-combo/

2 Likes

A couple of products I like, because I am allergic to perfumes:

Unscented body wash, shampoo, and foaming liquid hand soap from Bunny’s Bath of Port Townsend, WA mean that I don’t have to deal with half-used tiny bars of soap or tiny shampoo bottles.

I’m allergic to floral scents but have no problem with citrus scents, so I use the absolute best odor killing spray, LemonMate from CitrusMate Products in Eugene, Oregon. You can usually find it at health food stores. Amazon sells it but won’t ship it to Alaska. I also use LemonMate to freshen up my limousine before every ride pickup. One quick spray kills smoke odors, farts, and even baby diaper odor.

1 Like

So, I actually posted a small instructions sheet near the toilet to make sure that guests understand how to use the bidet properly - it has worked excellently! I’ve never experienced any mess with the bidet water or anything. However, there was one time when a guests’ kid turned it on and a bit of water got all over the floor but, the water is just as clean as sink water so it was super easy to clean up.

2 Likes

This is my first post on this website. Newbie to Air and just getting my little ‘inn’ ready for business. After reading some of these posts, my excitement has turned to fright. Horrible guests, people who are pigs. I guess I think the majority of people are like me who clean up after myself when I leave a location. Thanks for the info on this post. I really like the luggage stand and hamper.

3 Likes

What kind of listing are you going to have?

One thing you must understand: most stays go just fine. People don’t go on forums to say “nothing happened.” They look for us when things go wrong. I’ve had almost 500 different guests and zero serious problems over the last 4 years.

9 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I am just learning the process and was reading posts about not so great guests. You are right, this platform is to discuss and get help for the problem guests. I’ll take a chill pill and keep reading.

4 Likes

@Health-Nut I just want to reiterate what @KKC has said. Truly, 99.9% of guest stays are trouble-free. If you’re lucky, that 0.1% might give you a great story to tell here rather than a headache :slight_smile:

However, it’s still a good idea to read up as much as you can before you launch. Also, spend some time deciding just how you will react if you get less-than-perfect guests. Be firm with them, give them a great stay and you’ll be fine.

6 Likes

Hi, I use natural products, including an old sock with a dryer ball inside. I put vinegar and essential oils on it for drying and a nice smell. The same oils I have in sprayers with epsom salts to keep them separated and spray it around for my ‘signature scent’. But I also love using wipes - flushable antibacterial for toilets, mutipurpose for both glass and wood. Outside windows get newspaper and vinegar. Belfast sink I use baking soda. Used dish sponges (very small cheap ones) I use in the bathtub. Latest thing I am very happy with is my iron press (press iron?) Cuts ironing in half, at least. Those pesky fitted sheets!

1 Like

One really amazing product to purchase is the Bahabox.
It will allow you to offer gifts and services to your guests without having to include it in your listing price for every guest. Most guests appreciate the convenience of getting their laundry done, local snacks, and travel accessories.

1 Like

Hey! My Name is Elisa I host a few properties in the Philadelphia area but I am also the owner of Magic Hands Cleaning Services. Anyone may reply if they would like to partner up and have cleaning services. If interested let me know!

1 Like

No wipes are flushable. It creates a real PITA for the sewage staff at best. Put the things in the bin!

8 Likes

Hi Elisa! I would like to connect with you. Thanks!

The mould that sometimes collects around the bath or shower rims, that type that no matter how much scrubbing it just won’t go, can be so easily got rid off with HG Mould Remover Foam Spray.

I had a cleaner and manager for my airbnb listing and I was absolutely horrified when a guest reported it was a problem! Why did my cleaner manager not report this to me? It is so easily solved with this product.

I’m with you oarspirit, supporting our local economy is paramount!

1 Like

10 Likes

Toilet paper sandwiches anyone?

2 Likes

Wow, this is a great sign @AllyBee! Where did you find this?

Right!!! Nothing except toilet paper should be flushed. It is a nightmare for our sewer systems. I caught that remark, too.

2 Likes

They are widely available through marine supply and boating supply shops. Amazon probably has them.
Cheers

Are these affiliate links? That would be an awesome honest heads up for people clicking here.

1 Like