Town of Clinton, NYS proposed zoning regulations against Airbnb

The town of Clinton in Dutchess County, NY is proposing zoning regulations specifically against Airbnb hosts. The will be a hearing on Sept 5, 2019 at the town hall on this proposal. Of course you can’t put links in this emails which is ridiculous. You can go to the town website - townofclinton(dot)com - ------look for zoning revisions. I have asked Airbnb for help but so far have just gotten the run around.

You mean you can’t put links in your posts on this forum?

FYI, this is an international forum. I don’t know if there are any readers here from the tiny village of Clinton posting or reading here.

Why would Airbnb help you, it’s got nothing to do with them.

Anyway, curiosity got the better of me :slight_smile:

All they are doing is regulating STR, no different to what has been done across the U.S., Europe and beyond:

No owner of any property in the Town of Clinton shall operate a ShortTerm Rental without first obtaining a Special Use Permit from the Planning Board.

The requirements listed for each unit are all things a good host would have in place anyway.

Nothing more to see here, move on please.

JF

6 Likes

Do you mean they’re doing something targeting Airbnb hosts but not all short-term rentals (including VRBO, FlipKey, HomeToGo, etc.)? The lawyers would have fun with that.

Edit: nevermind, saw JohnF’s post.

2 Likes

Your curiosity is of benefit all round. Keep it up!

1 Like