To review or not to review (when you know the experience was mutually disagreeable and the guest will surely leave a bad review in return) - POLL

Lol, I think you’re fine. But maybe that’s coz I’m on the wine!

2 Likes

@GutHend

“OMG, there is some bad English in my poll and I can’t change it anymore.”

(You can’t change your English or your poll?)

Oh wait, I think I found one of the rough spots. “Should a host always leave a review - even when they think unnecessary…” Did you mean whether the host thinks it is unnecessary to leave a review or when the host thinks unnecessarily?

Matters not. If your poll is not correctly worded, I’m not participating. :laughing:

2 Likes

I realized I’d dropped an ‘it’ while typing it out, I’ve added it, why can’t you do it too @GutHend mate?

1 Like

(hmmm…“it” appears four times in your sentence.)

Pay attention, students!

1 Like

It was intentional, wasn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

Computer says “no”, which I can totally understand because I would be able to manipulate what people actually voted for :blush:.

1 Like

Good thinking mate, Gallup would’ve given you a promotion for that observation! :smiley:

1 Like

Well in that case I won’t like you anymore :disappointed::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Wish I could ‘Like’ this post 5 times!!

1 Like

@GutHend

Well, okay then…cry-baby.

2 Likes

If you leave a review does the guest see it right away? I was under the impression that they did not see your review until they submitted one or the review period times out?

@Brandt. The guest has already left a review. So the minute the host writes one, they will both be live. Delaying the host review means that the host can get some bookings before the “assumed negative” review is visible. It is actually good “game” play.

2 Likes

You know about Bannon in Scotland??

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be innit?

It was intentional, innit?

2 Likes

Astaire, I know you said timing isn’t relevant here but it is.

Ellen is right in that if you leave a bad review before them, it can prompt them to smack you back.

Mags, @smartbnb.io has solved the timing issue once and for all. You have 14 days plus the time stamp of your first reminder email in which to leave your review.

I think Mags and Ellen were arguing about the idea that hosts SHOULD leave reviews so other hosts can be helped. Ellen disagrees with this and so do I. Sometimes there are occasions where it doesn’t serve you, and frankly I’m thinking about me, myself and I when it comes to hosting. Sorry but I do. If it happens to help other hosts fine, but I don’t want to be pressured to leave a review. Sometimes it is not a good idea for that particular guest.

Discuss amongst yourselves now. :tada::rofl::+1:

1 Like

I was being, hmm, educated!

It is, but that’s not the question here (shall I say it’s not relevant to this question :wink:) Question is whether to trigger a guest review by leaving one. When you know both reviews are going to be bad.

Yes, we’re deliberating that deontological dilemma (where is @GutHend!)

This poll is an easy way for readers to register their opinion without making a post but I do object to the negative wording of the second statement. One might not think they must always review but not because they don’t have obligations to other hosts. Maybe I’ll skip a review because I don’t think it’s necessary to be the 140th person to say “Steve was the perfect guest.” Being one of the first 10 or 20 to review is absolutely critical.

3 Likes

Yes, that is the other problem I always face when making polls :disappointed:: What are the options to choose from? We should really first have a discussion about what the exact wording should be :exploding_head: and then make the poll. But then again, if we first discuss the design of the poll, there is probably no need anymore to do the actual poll. :thinking::thinking::thinking:
To be honest, in this case, I put it together too fast. I’m sorry for that.

However, the wording was in fact inspired by the discussion preceding, and Astaire and I also stated that the question was more in case of negative reviews. I guess if a guest is great and already a few hosts have confirmed that, that it’s not that important to other hosts.

1 Like

Maybe AirBnB should allow us to tick a box: “Host chose not to leave a review.”

3 Likes

I had this sort of an idea when reviews were discussed a few weeks ago. That after 14 days, unreviewed cases will be marked similar to the cancel message - ‘This host/guest chose not to leave a review. This is an automated message’.

(Don’t recall if I mentioned this on another post.) This will leave a full trail of one’s Airbnb hosting/guesting! But I’m not sure this is a good idea, on the whole.

2 Likes