Thrown off for absurd violation?

You can’t sue anyone. You agreed to binding arbitration in the TOS. Really stefano, this is terrible advice. Americans don’t need any more encouragement to litigate every little thing.

5 Likes

Update. We allowed the 7 different guests to stay. We have yet to be paid. 6 days past the 17th already. Calling them. They thanked me for allowing the guests to stay. They said they would take care of it. That was 3 days ago. Really being handled poorly. We had ton of lesbians and gay couples stay. They were great. This is almost comical now

3 Likes

Keep us updated!!

Yes I actually did understand it was meant to metaphorical @Zandra (thanks for pointing that out though)

We’ll have to agree to disagree - standing by your fellow BNB host which is what @StefanoBorroniBarale was talking about - doesn’t have anything to do with the WW2 holocaust nor does standing by your fellow host have anything to do with equality.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you understand what metaphors mean; I’m therefore suprised you’re (again) referring to the holocaust or indeed equality. It’s already been stated that the holocaust and equality, per se, do not directly have anything to do with hosting. No-one thinks they do.

Come on though, it’s a bit out there to quote Niemöller in relation to an Airbnb booking surely. What next? He is like Jesus on the cross saying ‘forgive them for they know not what they do’?

2 Likes

If you look further down the thread I posted a re-think and an apology. It is not right that hosts do not have a right of reply but this is not exactly living under a facist regime. It’s a money-making platform that is owned by Airbnb. They have every right to do what they want whether you like it or not. They are not our employers.

1 Like

Again; really taking it too literally.

Mmh.,… but you could say ‘First they started comparing their first-world problem to the Nazis and I did not speak out. Then they compared it to genocide and I did not speak out…etc etc’ until nothing means anything anymore. There are useful metaphors and there are totally inappropriate ones.

1 Like

You could really change that to say “Starbucks is too big and the workers but customers are normal human beings like me and you.”

It’s just the way things are. :slight_smile:

Not even sure how that makes sense to you @Magwitch but we can agree to disagree :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you love sci-fi you may better like:

“This deal [*] is getting worse all the time”

I was aiming at the illusion that this can happen only to “professional” hosts because -yes- it’s an illusion.

(*) with Airbnb

1 Like

Sci-fi?? That doesn’t help. Like I said, an inappropriate analogy is still inappropriate. I get it about the ‘it could be me next’ thing, I really do! I know that any one of us could be targetted at any time for any reason… actually, no I don’t. I don’t believe that Airbnb is some sinister organisation that will throw you off the platform for absolutely no reason whatsoever. There is always much more to these sob stories than the host’s tale.

3 Likes

Let me get this straight… If a host cancels a confirmed reservation, abb charges the host $100? I guess this is to discourage disapointing guests… or?

Sweet dreams, are you not a host? Just to remind you, this is a host forum, and I guess I find myself wondering why you joined here? These are basic questions every host already knows.

4 Likes

You get 3 cancellation’s free per I believe 6 months.
This was our 3rd says the airbnb computer. Just the share amount of extra bookings with IB on compared to off made up for the $200-$300 we paid a year to cancel a problematic renter. Guys here for bachelor parties for example I would be told to just cancel. With that said our cancellation rate is under 8 a year,

I really don’t have a sob story. There isn’t much I am leaving out. You can think it can’t happen to you as I did because I really actually have the key ingredient you need to be a host. Basically its just to care. Asking them how it’s going. If things aren’t going right I call someone in to fix it. Missing towel, I go get one and bring them 2, If i really had a issues, I wouldn’t have lasted 6 years. Your going to have some arguments with people when you have high number of renters that you deal with. Some peoples expectations are insane almost and there spiteful and they will do something where this can be the end result. Anyway I’m hopeful that they re-instate me. If not we will still survive.

2 Likes

Turn off IB and spend the extra time to feel out potential guests is the answer. Maybe not foolproof but it might prevent situations like the one you encountered.

The amount of bookings through having IB on in our area was so high that we just thought and possible problem we would just cancel and pay the fine. Think going forward if we do get back on IB off. If we decide to decline. Give no reason. They can’t twist around what you don’t say.

2 Likes

OK, no sense of humor whatsoever here. Hands up, I surrender. Say “Hi” to good ol’ Darth Vader from me and enjoy your life under the Empire. :slight_smile:

(the second quote was Lando Calrissian’s, after Darth Vader changes their “deal” in a less and less favorable way)