This week I'm a guest; a confessional

Dear host,

We’ve had a wonderful time.

I bagged up the garbage because it smelled like poopy diapers. Because that’s what it was full of.

I put the doily back.

I plugged the lamp back in.

I unclogged the toilet. (Well, that was last night. But still.)

Husband put the smoke alarm back. (I am very short)

… it looks like the toddler decided a pillowcase was the perfect momento. Shall i send it back?

Thanks again for understanding about the blanket. As you suggested, we bought a couple nightlights so the problem doesn’t happen again.

Hope the rest of your guests this year are less destructive.

Cheers,
Alia

2 Likes

It is funny because it’s true.

2 Likes

Personally I’m not amused.

@Dawns do you allow children at your listing?

Or are you the cousin!

1 Like

Both. :slight_smile:

We don’t not allow children in our listings, though they count as people and we can’t fit more than 2 people in any of our spaces, so we’ve not had many stay with us.

And I am a cousin who brought her kids into the cottage by the sea and had a lovely time. And I had to share with you all, because of how many times we had to do things (move furniture, remove batteries) that hosts complain about - but I did it for good and protective reasons. Which was both funny and educational and I thought I’d share.

2 Likes

I, for one, have missed your lovely sense of humor on these boards. How is your AirBNB doing this winter? And the kids? Are they well and still full of activity?

3 Likes

Yes!

Oldest has to apply to high school (the NYC school system is full of expletiveing bleep) and- shocker - doesn’t know what he wants to be when he grows up which complicates things (well, he wants to be a video game designer. But he doesn’t know how he would like to be gainfully employed and pay off his college debts yet), middle is trying to get me to be his agent (mom I met this summer works for Stephen Colbert and wants to use my kid on the show. Had to explain who Colbert was to kid, “Like Samantha Bee, but a man”) and every day asks, “have you had coffee with her yet?” And the youngest … is putting electrical cords in his mouth.

And my in-laws from England are visiting for 2 weeks.

So yeah, things are a bit odd/ totally normal here at the moment.

Airbnb: good! Have lovely guests in the private room, but realized I can’t rent the porch in the wintertime, even if i did get the radiator fixed, because we kind of need it to store our coats in. Whoops.

Oh, and also we’ve been protesting a lot. Offered the porch to some Dreamer activists last weekend but they didn’t need us in the end. Still, it was nice to know I had a good space to share with folks who are doing work I can’t.

Will dive into “latest” posts now, I may be some time…

3 Likes

They do that. Thank goodness it is just a stage! I have three NYCity cousins doing the high school thing right now. Isn’t easy for either the kid or the parents. Thoughts are with you.

1 Like

no, I meant Dawns, who wasn’t amused! I thought she might have been your cousin!

1 Like