"This review was for a group trip booked by So-n-So"

Hi, Hosts! :smiley:

I have a guest inquiry by a man named Andrew. Can someone help me understand when his reviews state, “review was for a group trip booked by [So-n-So].” I know it’s not okay to accept third party bookings, but – having never been a guest – I don’t understand how my inquiring guest, Andrew, has 7 reviews, only one of which includes his name. They are good reviews for their group, sounds like he must have fun and responsible friends, but the reviews say “Cara was a great guest” “Chelsea and her group left glitter all over but were fine guests otherwise.”

How do guests get “attached” to other reviews? And isn’t that misleading to a host? I will engage him in the usual clarification and will likely accept, but this collection of reviews has me confused.

Thanks! :sunglasses:

He was not the person that booked those 7 stays but he was a registered guest for all 7 stays. Therefore, the host review is applied to everyone in the group. Seems one sided since host can only receive one review per booking.

3 Likes

NO glitter!! OMG I’d absolutely hate it if a guest did that.

1 Like

So, to clarify further, Cara, when booking her group, can register others by linking her friends’ profiles if they have them? And then obviously if they don’t have them, then who-knows-whom is coming with the group?

I wondered about this when a young man, Jack, booked a stay with his girlfriend whose name I only got when I greeted them, but then I was asked to review “Jack and Katlyn.” I didn’t understand how Jack became Jack and Katlyn.

Bear with me, I might have to become a guest to understand this fully. :upside_down_face:

In their defense, it sounded like that stay was for a New Years Eve party? Glitter is The Devil, but I’ll give them that since it was possibly the best time they have had in 2020 :smile: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ah, well, in that case stock the place with glitter beforehand. Because we need all the sparkles we can get right now…

4 Likes

My thoughts entirely. I had some friends stay with us in France over NY who put glitter in everyone’s card (who gives NY cards???), which took about two years to eradicate entirely. I kept finding it everywhere

2 Likes

My friends and I used to put confetti in cards, but never sent New Year’s cards. It was laser cut confetti, so it was fairly large, but never again. It’s worse than pine needles - finding them for months after the tree comes down!

3 Likes

You’ve stirred my memory. It was confetti, very small pieces of, and covered in glitter. Nightmare!

1 Like

Yes, so it is a bit confusing if you haven’t been a guest. Jack and Katlyn both have accounts. When Jack booked, he added Katlyn to the reservation. If you go to the link that gives you the number of guests coming, it will often be something like Jack and Guest 2. But this one would have said Jack and Katlyn. I always check to see whether Guest 2 has a name so I can include it in the check-in letter.
Anyway, when you review them, it will show up on Jack’s profile, but it will also show up on Katlyn’s as a trip booked by Jack. Katlyn won’t get the stars, though. If you have IB, you can see the guest’s star rating (sporadically – apparently this isn’t working everywhere), so if Katlyn is booking your place you won’t know how many stars she got, but you will see the written review for her trip with Jack.
(If she is coming this time with Fred, you’ll know not to mention Jack…)
Hope that helps. The good news is that it is not a third party booking. It is the kind of booking we want – where every guest has a name!

2 Likes

My memory is jogged as well.
We are so old that we were married in a time when the neighbours were still doing something to newlyweds called a chivaree. They burst into the house in the middle of the night, as was the custom. Eggs and fish were hidden where it was hoped they would rot. Confetti was poured into the ductwork.

2 Likes

That is truly disgusting! Did you find the stuff before it started to smell?

Yes. They had had a few before arrival, so were not nearly as brilliant at stealth as they thought themselves.

My grandparents had one! All my grandpa’s Masonic brothers serenaded them all night long with various noise makers and they sprayed the windows with whipped cream IIRC.

2 Likes

I had 3 couples staying here for a gay wedding. They left everything nice and neat but the robovac was picking up glitter for 2 months, and that was after I brought out the Kirby for the area rugs.

1 Like