This is Big News being discussed around - FB removed a group

Karma for the hosts
Hypocrisy for authors of the article.

4 Likes

I know that guy a little, Nomadic Matt. He has NO sense of humor. Heā€™s a travel blogger who basically always tries to sell his ā€œbooksā€, which are mostly bullshit. I joked at him once a little online when we were emailing and he got bent. He loves to poke at stuff and I think he is in the hotel and hostel industry pocket as if I recall correctly he owns or co-owns a hostel or two. he had an axe to grind against Airbnb anyhow, if you ask me.

And this article author is being threatened with lawsuits as well.

We are in a geographically challenged region. FB is an excellent tool for information during things like earthquakes and fires, road closures, and the like. It is also a wonderful tool for events, nonprofits, lost and found pets. It also has allowed me and my far flung friends and family to stay in close touch. It is not perfect, like most things, and I am grateful for its advantages.

2 Likes

Agree, I hate that blacklist group and the whole idea of it. Truth is, Iā€™ve had nice people book and someone in their group is the problem ā€¦ the booking party, who has now learned a valuable lesson, is now the one thatā€™s on the blacklist. Calling people out publicly is never the answer. Thereā€™s an Airbnb review process for a reason.

1 Like

It seems that many hosts are basically cowards.

1 Like

I am in the same situation, this is the only reason I do not delete FB all together.

RR

1 Like

I have to say ā€œamen to thatā€. I try not to get involved in political discussions, but I agree with you on your statement. I also agree with RiverRock about FB allowing the garbage on its site that spewed falsehoods and helped get Agent Orange elected. I do what KKC does when I get on FB ( which is not to often)- chose to ā€œunfollowā€ ppl who spout idiotic things.

2 Likes

Paradoxically, my all time best guest is Chinese.

No surprise to me. Stereotypes canā€™t be applied to individuals and I host individuals.

I agree and disagree .

I was in that group but declined to post a guests name who PHYSICALLY THREATENED ME

Airbnb did nothing

I left the group because I was BLAMED for being a coward

Again Airbnb did nothing and the case was closed with no notice

BTW ā€¦ I almost canceled that guest because he had no reviews

I canā€™t tell what you are agreeing with and what you are disagreeing with.

I didnā€™t read anything from that group, I didnā€™t want to be within 20 miles of them. But from what Iā€™ve read they seem like a group of very angry people. They have no effect on Airbnb so they take out their anger on others.

1 Like