This is a first!

Here’s a pic of a recent guest’s Guestbook entry (I’ve obfuscated their names). We were super happy to read this. It’s a first for us at our cabin which we listed in January.

We also recently booked our first repeat guest!

28 Likes

Congratulations on such as sweet note. Sounds like a repeat guest opportunity to me. I’d message them with an offer to come back next year on their anniversary.

8 Likes

This is the kind of thing that makes hosting so much more rewarding than just making money. Congratulations.

10 Likes

It’s a nice thought, but since they’re from France, I’m not super confident… Doesn’t mean I won’t try, though! :smiley:

6 Likes

I suspect we have had a few engagements at our romantic hideaway. But, I don’t know for sure.
Congratulations to them and You!

3 Likes

I hate to divert the topic, but, what is everyone’s thoughts on the guest book? I have removed ours as I felt like it was excessive to expect guests to write in the guest book and then also do a review online. We used to get some really nice notes in the guest book, but, if given a choice, the online review helps us out more.

4 Likes

Our apartment used to be managed by a professional who manages 15 other Airbnb listings, a superhost and very experienced, and when she found out we had left out a guest book, she got mad and told us we weren’t allowed because it would discourage guests from leaving online reviews. When we took over from her, we put the guest book back out.

So far, what I’ve found is that not many people write in the guest book, but everyone who writes in the guest book also has left an online review. And they write long, lovely notes in multiple coloured inks in the guest book that are really fun for us and other guests to read. The ones who write in the guest book tend to be people staying for emotional reasons – attending a funeral, a romantic weekend getaway. The people traveling for business don’t bother with the guest book but about half of them leave online reviews.

I’m keeping an eye on this because we don’t have enough data points to really say anything definitive, but so far, so good with the guest book!

6 Likes

Go to the home page (click on the home icon top left of the screen) and then on the top right side of the page you should see a “+ new topic” button

1 Like

Thank you! Seems as though my level has just been upgraded and I now I see the “New Topic” button.

2 Likes

When I removed ours, the percent of guests leaving on-line reviews went up.

If you do leave one out, transcribe the guest’s comments and send it to them with a polite request to leave it on-line so others can see it. That worked part of the time for us.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten many nice notes over the years and I really appreciate them. I had a guest book when I did home share and most guests wrote something, some drew pictures and many left phone numbers or email addresses. About 80% of guests reviewed me. When I made my space separate I got far fewer entries in the guest book and then during covid I took the guest book out. I get fewer reviews now, not sure of the %, but I don’t think correlation = causation.

I don’t think I’ll continue with the guest book. If I did anything along those lines I’d put in a white board or chalk board where I could leave guests a message and they could do the same for me. But with one night stays it doesn’t seem that reasonable to go to the trouble.

6 Likes

Awwww…such a beautiful and thoughtful note.
Yiu should be very proud of your self and the work you put in. :clap:t4:

3 Likes

Never heard of the huest books before now. I see how it can be useful and improve communication between host(s) and guest(s).

1 Like

this is adorable, we’ve had a few proposals as well, thanks for sharing your nice story here, we all need to see these moments too.

3 Likes

We use both and if people don’t want comment on both, that’s fine.

4 Likes

Awwww! How nice!! maybe frame that and put it on the wall!

2 Likes