Thinking of our British friends

I’m thinking of Joan and Mr Joan, who haven’t been here in a while. And John in Spain too. As I learn of Queen Elizabeth and how the family is all rushing to Scotland to be by her side.

The Queen has been quite a force in their lives, I’m sure. I lived in England for three years as a young child (dad was US military), and have a fondness for that country due to our stay and one of my brothers being born there.

I sure wish that country all the best, as well as our Airhosts Forum members from the British Isles.

9 Likes

@murphysranch - that’s so very thoughtful of you.

3 Likes

Speaking of John from Spain, I was just thinking about him yesterday. Really miss his posts, & humor! Hope all’s well with him.

2 Likes

yes it was shocking news to wake up to here in Australia. And the tributes i’ve watched today have been so wonderful, to remind us all of a person who devoted her life to duty. just 3 days ago she was still working, having her first meeting with the newly sworn-in PM. before the “what next” chatter begins it’s been wonderful to enjoy watching the highlights of her life, and how truly remarkable she was.

God save the King. that’s a weird phrase! we used to sing “god save the queen” at primary school in the '70s. some time in the '80s that switched to our own national anthem. I hope she has prepared Charles well for his duties.

3 Likes

Mrs Joan like me is of Irish heritage and John is Scottish @murphysranch :slight_smile:

I was brought up in the UK and can’t say she was a force in my life. Very sad of course when anyone dies who has had such a memorable life.

Thanks for thinking of us.

2 Likes