These California blackouts

OK so this really sucks. I get a notice from San Diego gas and electric saying its very likely you will have no power from noon Thursday till Friday at 6pm! I’m like…say huh!?This is great for business! So I notify the guest coming Thursday about the impending blackout and told her its ok for her to cancel. Never heard back.My understanding is I cant cancel or I lose superhost,if they want to cancel do it now, not 4 days later on your way out and then complain to Airbnb and get 4 days comped. Or come here stay for a day and then leave after a day and I have to clean the place without getting paid. This is such BS another reason to leave this insane state.

1 Like

No you can cancel under extenuating circumstances @diamond54 (see Airbnb Help Centre for details).

2 Likes

Call AirBnB & ask Customer Disservice to cancel because of extenuating circumstances. Florida folks do this for hurricanes.

2 Likes

Tell that to the 85 people who died last year in the Paradise Fire. Sure you can leave, maybe Florida they won’t be affected by global warming …

RR

Florida will be under water. Michigan will be the new Florida :wink:

2 Likes

Yes it will be…

RR

1 Like

Don’t some models have the Great Lakes doing some odd things due to the arctic meltdown?

I may not be the most up to date on news, so I’d be curious to see what you’re talking about!

We won’t be affected directly by sea rise caused by arctic meltdown. The Great Lakes are landlocked 600ft above sea level, and flow out the St. Lawrence. The flow of the St. Lawrence could turn if sea levels massively rose, but even the worst projections don’t come close to 600’. :wink:

But the Lakes, and especially Superior, have warmed, causing loss of ice. No ice cover means more lake effect snow, which messes with lake levels.

All of the things working in concert to destabilize the jet stream will also hit us on the nose. The wobbly jet stream pulls cold air from the arctic.

I don’t know about the whole system impact, but I expect I’ll be shoveling a lot more snow in much colder weather. :cold_face:

2 Likes

Maine, Maine, Maine!

Meanwhile, down in NC we just finally finished with our 3rd (at least) major heat wave this year!!!
:hot_face:
But I’ll take that over snow!!! That’s why I am a southern transplanted yankee now! :roll_eyes:

One of the stories that I ran across. One of my government professor friends is originally from Michigan and posts these stories. So it’s not melting arctic ice but it is climate related.

1 Like