The ups and down of dealing with (somewhat wacky) guests

You know that we have those frogs over here… but not in my neighborhood! A huge selling point. I know that fellow hosts with these frogs in other areas have had guests walk off the property because of these awful frogs.

One or two nignt guests can be made profitable by adding a cleaning fee!

1 Like

This is nuts. As. I mentioned on another thread, I just booked a small family style Guest inn in Kyoto. I pay in cash but My credit card will be charged for the full amount whether I got sick and couldn’t come or whether my flight go delayed or whatever the reason. It’s irritating that Air has a relaxed cancellation policy that is now rewarding a generation of travelers for flaking. Creating this expectation in the culture. But that is a post for another day.

If they cancelled or didn’t show however, I don’t think you need to contact Air. It’s just money in your pocket that you didn’t have to provide a service for.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s not. Sometimes it’s people who missed their flights and need one night or made a booking error somewhere and need one night. Other times it is spontaneous tourists winging their way around the island doing road trips.

2 Likes