The one thing I hear the most from satisfied guests

He sounds fascinating but I had an Airbnb blog (like the one the OP is trying to write) in mind. Someone who is managing three rentals in an urban area on the property where she lives and who is a published writer and who has close to a 1000 reviews and who is an attorney…whew!

2 Likes

um…no thanks to Tino’s place. “Roughing it” no longer excites me.

@KKC

I wonder what Johnette means by being a “recovering…attorney”. She must be pretty space-savvy if she can set up a comfortable livable unit of only 140 sf and garners all 5-stars. Impressive.

2 Likes

She was a divorce attorney. Can you imagine what a sucky job that would be?

1 Like

Right up there with Family Law.

1 Like

Yeh, but I was wondering whether she meant she was recovering from being an attorney, or in particular a divorce attorney, or from a substance abuse issue. Just a strange self-description.

1 Like

It didn’t seem so to me. I guess it’s a slang term that not everyone gets? It’s like the term “recovering Catholic.”

2 Likes

A family law attorney IS a divorce attorney.

I had a friend in Indiana who did family law but not divorce. So I don’t think that’s accurate.

Probably an exception as most are. You would certainly have to be experienced with divorce litigation if you are working on custodial cases and things of that nature.

I have a degree in Criminal Justice. I thought I wanted to work with juveniles. After learning about the juvenile justice system and frankly, the entire criminal justice system, I decided it wasn’t for me. (I learned about cops planting drug evidence on suspects in the late 1970’s but don’t get me started on the corruption in law enforcement) Any one who can work with children on social, psychological or legal issues is special.

1 Like

Maybe where you are, but here, they specialize in the children. Oftentimes, there are two divorce attorneys and one family law attorney per kid around the table.

They may specialize in children but they still have to know the law vis a vis divorce. Some just don’t want to get their hands dirty with handling actual divorces.

But what do I know? I only worked for a large firm of Century City, CA litigators for about six years.

@KKC says: “Any one who can work with children on social, psychological or legal issues is special.”

May I add, anyone who can work with children/teens in the classroom and teaching environment is very special in my book.

Most of the females in my family tree are or were teachers. I could never do it because I don’t have the patience or temperament but I am beyond grateful to the many excellent classroom teachers I had for providing the greatest positive impact in my life. If they only knew.

2 Likes

i put the electric blanket on just the first night prior to arrival, and guests love it. but i dont enter the room again until the leave.

I do language students as well and I often pop their blankets on and put pj’s on the radiator but they are only 15 and i treat them like my own children, as i am suppose to. One told me yesterday, I want to live with your forever (Chocolate and homemade pizza always a winner )

3 Likes

Ah bless! I did that for a while before I got made redundant and was blinded by the Airbnb $$$$$. I never got over the fact that people would send their children overseas to stay with strangers for weeks. Yes, pizza is always a winner. Unless you’re a bolshie lad from Rome whose father runs a restaurant :frowning: Fine, eat fish and chips ya wee ******. LOL. So many funny stories from those times!

1 Like

Interesting. In one of the Facebook groups, hosts were discussing the fact that some guests find these little check-in texts intrusive and annoying. I still do them on the first 2 days.

The other thing I do is – during the winter – is to have to blazing fire going in the woodstove when the guests arrive. I would love to find something similar to do the rest of the year.

The only time I have ever sent a morning text was for a group still sleeping, with a long drive to Heathrow, and a flight to Iceland, which they missed…

“For Silence is, who we really are.”

:heart_eyes::rofl: