The latest thing -Guests who don't leave reviews-

Our Airbnb is in our home, as in its a specific, separate area with its own entrance but it’s still connected to our house. What this means is that we often interact with our guests- and it’s always been great- friendly, positive etc.

I always give them a personal tour when they arrive so I can point our little amenities they might not notice, etc. We get many repeat guests-obviously they love the place!

When they arrive we tell them to please contact us directly if they have any problems, or break/stein something by accident- no judgment, we just like to take care of things swiftly so they can get on with their stay with no further interruptions.

My point is these are not unknown mystery people But lately people - and I must say these are people we have bent over backwards for-have simply stopped giving reviews- even after we glowingly review them, even if after a few days I remind them-(which for all I know may piss them off- I do it in a friendly way though, no more pushy than the “care to rate my app?” Prompts you get all the time).
Anyway I’m just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

1 Like

Lots of folks:

https://airhostsforum.com/search?q=guests%20not%20leaving%20review%20order%3Alatest

2 Likes

A few of my guests don’t review, but the vast majority do. I think a lot of people are weary of being asked to leave reviews for every business they patronize.
Since you have quite a bit of interaction with your guests, perhaps saying, in person, before they check out, “We would really appreciate it if you could find a few minutes to leave a review” might help.

1 Like

We have 98 reviews since mid-January 2022, but we’ve had maybe 105 stays. So our no-review guest rate is low, but we do ask them as a final “task” in the check out message we send at 8 AM on the last day…

Finally, when prompted by Airbnb, please leave us an honest review, and if there is anything we can do better, let us know through the private feedback section. We’d also love it if you’d mention us on social media. If you’d like to recommend our cabin to friends or family, copy and paste our custom url below.

But honestly, some of the ones who haven’t left a review are ones we didn’t as much care for.

4 Likes

Over 90% of the time I get reviewed. I text this message (not AirBnb message) before checkout:

Good morning and Thanks for staying with us and being great guests:) Just a reminder that checkout is 10:00 and housekeeping is scheduled. The driveway gate is open just leave the key/remote on table inside when you leave.
I will review you this afternoon when I get the email from AirBnb if you could take a moment and do the same that would be great. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back in the future:).

Then after I actually see the place I send this:

Thanks for being a five star guest! We appreciate that you left the place in great shape and you are are welcome back anytime.
I will review you this afternoon when I get the email from Airbnb

Save my contact information and book direct next time and save the 3rd party fees. www.mydirectsitedotcom

RR

7 Likes

+1. Recently my mom was in the hospital so I sent her flowers, and then I got the “please rate us” email, but also they are now emailing me 3 times a week and today they sent me another request for some other way to rate them. My inbox is clogged with these types of emails. If you’ve used airbnb as a guest you’ll know they also send many prompts throughout the stay, it can become very irritating. So irritating that it makes me annoyed with the business.

3 Likes

I purchased an item from e bay - I was getting an email or 3 everyday from the seller demanding a review.
So she got one…she really didn’t like it…I hope she learnt to leave the customer ALONE!

4 Likes