The future of face to face hosting and self check in

I host a separate apartment. Ever since I put in a keypad deadbolt in about April last year I probably only ever met my guests twice since then. I thought it would be nice to meet the guests and provide a personal touch but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the quality of guests I have nor the favorable reviews. So the virus situation has not been affecting me at all. But then in my country we’re almost back to normal in terms of living with covid19.

1 Like

I was in New Zealand most of the month of February. And though I knew what was coming it didn’t make sense at the time to try to stay longer. I wish I had in one way but I know I can’t afford it.

My occupancy is getting back to normal again after our lockdown is over. The only differences is my guests are local, there are no overseas guests because nobody can come into the country unless they are citizens or permanent residents.

And for some reason which I cannot explain while I’ve had my property also on BDC until after the lockdown ended I hardly ever had any bookings from them. Now it’s running almost 50%. Maybe BDC has a better advertising campaign? They should do since their commission is so much higher

Me too.

I host remotely

I don’t want more exposure to strangers & their germs than I already have

They are staying for their vacation; not a friendship or service experience. If they wanted the prepared breakfast or drinks by the pool service experience they will stay with a host who offers it.

1 Like

Nice! I prefer the Samuel Jackson version …

2 Likes