The Blacklist Does Exist

Yes, there is a blacklist hosts can reference before accept bookings and add their own bad guests. I have been threatened many times by the creator of this blacklist if I disclose it on my Youtube channel. But I feel it is a story that needs to be told. I have been following this blacklist for over 6 months from its birth as a shared Google Doc to it’s now accessible website. Even though it is now a website that anyone can find using it’s URL, I am still at risk of a lawsuit for revealing the domain name.
The reason I want to tell the tale of the blacklist is because there have never been any checks or balances for it. Anyone can be listed without any due diligence of allegations. The creator has not designed a way of removing a guest if falsely listed by a host. I have always assumed the creator is the only one who can delete a name on his black domain.
I sometimes check to see if my name has been added. I playfully add the names of Dylann Roof, Adolf Hitler, O.J. Simpson, and the name of the creator too. I know the creator must see my mischief because the site was designed to only accept Facebook profiles to log in. But I am so amused that my access has not been blocked after all these months.
So I am wondering if I should take the threats of litigation seriously before I proceed with my video? Should I consult an attorney on the laws of sharing screenshots with the world on Youtube?

You are “at risk of a lawsuit for revealing the domain name”. Are you serious? Get a clue.

Edit: sorry, if that’s harsh, but domain names are public, and either this is sensationalism, or well…

1 Like

Someone trying to promote their youtube channel?

Jim, we have recently discussed this blacklist group. Use the search feature of this site to find previous threads.

1 Like

I did search and only found one posting and in that thread a member mentioned the Facebook group. The member didn’t tell it’s history or about dysfunctional hosts reporting guests for leaving a dirty kleenex on the bedroom floor. I want to tell the whole story behind the group and the list.

1 Like

As with any search it helps to use a variety of terms to find what you’re looking for.

https://airhostsforum.com/t/is-there-a-list-of-bad-guests-for-hosts-to-read/32164

Does everyone just love there electric kettles or what?

RR

5 Likes

Oh wow Kendrick, you are right! All of those posts describe exactly what my post is about. All the repeated screenshots of the Blacklist website is way too repetitive. Please excuse me for wasting space on this forum’s server.

Why are you so combative? Breathe… relax… take the best and leave the rest.

I sure like my electric kettle

RR

2 Likes

Nevermind.

Totally! Can’t have too many!

4 Likes

Why are you asking us here? Most of us have heard about/seen this FB group, and my guess is only a fraction of us give it any attention at all.

Why? Do you seriously believe that a group with only 7.6K members (there are 650,000+ hosts worldwide) is actually going to have any impact on whether or not someone can book an STR? And before you tell me that 7.6K is a lot, let me ask you if YOU are using that Google doc to vet guests? No? Of course not. There are probably a ton of people in that group who had one bad guest experience, vented about it there and haven’t been back since (not adding to OR searching the database). There are likely many more people (myself included) who joined, saw what a dumpster fire it was, and backed out of the room verrrrry slo-o-o-o-owly.

Nobody is being harmed by the blacklist group, I can assure you. But, go ahead, consult with a lawyer. Or better yet, just put up a video. As I said before, I have a thing for dumpster fires (as well as Chik-fil-A sammiches).

2 Likes

I love your sense of humor. Glad you made a logical comment. To answer your question, no I have never vetted my guests with the Google Doc or website. I use instant booking since I listed years ago. I am fortunate that my market doesn’t attract bad guests nor have we ever had very bad problems. When I mentioned in the group what I just stated, I was Kendricked! I was insulted and treated like a freak of nature. So I hung out in the group never commenting and being entertained by all the dysfunctional posts and comments. I even created a spoof/satire Facebook group just to have a joke with the creator. I copied the group’s banner and changed one word in the group name. I then invited the creator of the group to join. Oh the threats of litigation of creating the group and the banner. As if the banner fell under copyright law. LOL. But nether he less, I feel it is a entertaining story to share with the hosting community. Every day there are new hosts joining Airbnb and will search Youtube for tips and good stories.

If they’re lucky, they will find there way to this forum, where genuinely helpful advice is generously dispensed.

Like you did.

3 Likes

Me too, except for the very slowly part.

3 Likes

Guys this is getting off topic. Closing this post.

1 Like