That moment when you realize your scammer guest is frustrated that their scam failed

Bed bugs are a problem. You can actually buy them live on the internet and some guests do that to prove they found them which can actually cause you to get an infestation. I do a monthly treatment and the company does inspections which can provide evidence of a phony infestation.

So update on my guest. I’ve stopped communicating with them 2 days ago - but they are sending angrier and angrier messages. The latest was claiming there was fecal matter on the toilets , floors not cleaned , dirty counters etc. They are claiming they were in such a rush they just cleaned everything at check in and now are having problems getting the pictures of the filth to send as proof.

I don’t know about you but I’m NOT a cleaning anyone’s crap off of a toilet in a rental I booked.

They still haven’t sent a single picture as evidence of anything . I don’t think they realize we have before check-in pictures that will dispute these claims. They are also sending rants demanding that we should be offering compensation.

There’s nothing for us to do because they haven’t filed a complaint / dispute with Airbnb.

They are also claiming that the extra people don’t count as unauthorized visitors because they say they didn’t sleep over and they didn’t know there was a pet policy.

I’m beginning to think they are just crazy.

2 Likes

yes. Some people go to crazy lengths to get a discount/refund. They have nothing better to do with their time.

Since the review window is already closed, Airbnb won’t entertain their claims, it seems like there is nothing for you to lose.

Have you considered blocking them from sending you messages?

1 Like

Can I block them? There are 10 days left in the review window or so

They are harassing you. Stop replying to them. Flag their messages and if you get the option in the pop up box to block them, do so.

I’ll keep an eye out for it. Haven’t seen the option yet

When you click on the flag icon what options do you get?

Ahhhh I see it - it’s under the transaction details and then support. I thought this was supposed to be a flag in the chat interface.

There is a flag in the chat interface on a computer.

flag

I don’t know where it is on the app.

You - yeah it’s buried under some clicks on the app . I found it though! Thanks

1 Like