Texas is shutting back down

With some notable and stupid exceptions, like in church.

1 Like

Not before time. However, I suspect there will be plenty of civil disobedience in respect of folks actually wearing them.

The 45-year-old owner of the Machine Shed Bar & Grill in Kilgore, east Texas, has become the face of the resistance fighting mask-wearing among the business community in the state.

She said: “It’s an individual choice. There’s been nothing scientific that says masks are effective. I choose not to wear it, but I don’t let thousands of people breathe on me.”

With attitudes like that, will Texas only flatten the curve once all these folks are dead? I don’t like wearing a mask in 38c heat, but a) I have to by law and b) I don’t want to get sick.

JF

1 Like

I agree. Leaders wearing masks and telling others to do so is helpful. This same group has a streak of “obey the law” folks. Every bit of compliance helps. Since this new order actually includes fines that may help. But there will be many towns, especially small ones with Trump supporting sheriffs that, indeed, won’t comply unless or until they have large numbers of sick people.

I still think if the disease’s effect on the male reproductive parts were more widely reported it would be a great help. This article is hilarious:

3 Likes

The Texas Republican party is going forward with plans to hold an in person convention in Houston, the city with the worst caseload. They do have a contingency plan for a virtual convention. This is the sort of mind boggling “wrong messaging” that I really don’t get. I know much of the rank and file are willfully ignorant but surely party leaders realize this is contributing to the problem. A friend of mine said yesterday this isn’t confined to Trumpers. When the government says gatherings of no more than 50, then they think it’s fine to have a wedding with 49.

1 Like

The article danced all around explaining the horrible possible end result of priapism. When the blood is not properly flowing in/out of tissue with oxygen, the tissue dies. In extreme circumstances the dead tissue must be removed meaning amputation.

A known potential Covid-19 related problem is blood clots. It is logical a clot could block penile blood flow. I’m surprised it isn’t more frequently reported.

Forbes? really? …

the doctors decided to erect a plan. Fortunately, it wasn’t too hard a problem to solve. They stuck a needle into the blood vessels of his penis. This wasn’t done for fun because needles in penis and fun go together like sewage and bed sheets.”

2 Likes

It’s a strange article.

Interesting, huh?

I think it must be from the part of Forbes that eats Onions

1 Like