Takes all kinds

No it’s basically code words for their sexuality (or lack thereof). Which is why it’s weird to me that they “go together” so to speak.

1 Like

Maybe they are Furries. It is a sexual fetish group. They dress in animal costumes and practice some strange things( not sexual). They just like the dress up. They used to visit Pittsburgh PA for a convention and they walked around dressed up, but they were quite pleasant. Just a thought!

2 Likes

well, that is true!
man, this 20 character minimum for replies is kind of weird.

1 Like

Bahahahahahahahahaha
Hey, KKC, will you educate me on reply etiquette here? I want to acknowledge peoples’ comments, as I do on FB or IG, but a quick acknowledgment is not always 20 characters. I don’t want people to think I don’t read or appreciate their responses.

I have heard about this furries thing and it is sort of hilarious. It wasn’t the vibe I got, but maybe. Like River Rock, I hesitate to google this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Several forum members add numbers at the end of their post if it is too short, like this:

Tick the heart symbol!!

2 Likes

Ha. Well we don’t stand much on etiquette here. But it’s a setting of the Discourse software that a reply be at least 20 characters. I forgot their reasoning but they do have a reason.

You can just click the “heart” icon. It’s not perfect because sometimes you don’t actually “love” the comment but it’s all they give us. Flags or hearts, lol. As for the limit I just hold down the … key on my computer because I’m usually on computer. The periods register as characters then when it posts it removes most the …
Oh, and there’s also a limit on the number of :heart: s you can click on per day. Dumb.

Another quirk of the software.

Many others prefer to say 2020202020. I don’t know why that’s easier than holding down the …

1 Like

I actually learned of the fifties thing on CSI, the TV show…had never heard of it before.

1 Like

Not necessarily easier but it does the job and at the same time informs the readers of why the additional characters…

1 Like

I think that it’s because users who go to a topic because it’s showing as updated don’t want to see short replies such as ‘thanks’, 'I agree or ‘definitely’. The idea is that replies ‘move the conversation along’ and quick replies can put an end to that.

3 Likes

I’d think that was true if people never asked why 20202020 appears at the end of posts.

2 Likes

Those that know (or can effectively deduce) it never ask…

1 Like

thanks everyone. now I understand all the people who I though leaned on their keyboard at the end. never assume!!!

4 Likes

Oh! I thought 20202020 was a secret code for furries!

6 Likes

You should get a tippee as well. That will stop everyone from getting too tense.

1 Like

Best post of the day!!

Ask for better binocs for Christmas … and Santa should deliver them early…

2 Likes

So what were they cooking???