Survey on Airbnb Review system ; Link here: https://weinberg.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1FXgl8AhlRZ35jL

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student from Northwestern University, and I am researching on Airbnb 's review system for summer undergraduate research grant program (more information about the research described below). Part of my study requires me to send out questionnaires to hosts such as yourself and get their views about the review system in Airbnb. If you could spare 5-10 minutes and participate in this survey, it would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you so much!

========
Eligibility/ Criteria for participation

• you are 18 years of age or older and are capable of consent
  • you can read, write, and understand English
  • you currently live in the US (does not have to be citizenship/green card holder)
  • you are not a prisoner or a detained individual

Description:
In this research study, participants will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires about how they use the Airbnb review system when they are making decisions on whether to make/accept overnight bookings as guests/hosts. The study is expected to take about 5 - 10 minutes to complete. Participants will receive $1.00 Amazon gift card few days after they complete the survey.

This research study (IRB #STU00207726 ) is to be conducted by Dana Choi at Northwestern University. Please contact Dana Choi (at. danachoi2019.1@u.northwestern.edu) with any questions.

Link here: https://weinberg.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1FXgl8AhlRZ35jL

1.00 amazon sent to my email, but my email address was never requested? Seems a bit off.

@jumoe
hmmm it should have asked your email address in the debriefing section. You can send me your email address here instead: danachoi2019.1@u.northwestern.edu

Thank you!

Are you a host? This is a forum just for hosts.

I took the survey, don’t mind helping someone out. It asks for the email address at the very end.

Let us know if you start getting a lot of spam to your email! If not I wouldn’t mind taking the survey.

Yikes! I didn’t think of that!

And yes, they sent the Amazon gift card. :slight_smile:

Anyone is welcome to post, as long as there are no affiliated advertising links. This is a forum of mainly hosts, so some topics may be better asked elsewhere.

1 Like

I was thinking about participating this survey but looks like the survey is closed now.

Hello, thank you so much for your participation! I have just emailed all the Amazon gift cards. Have a great day!

Ahaha no worries! And thank you so much for being willing to participate. I actually closed this survey, but I plan to write another post related to this research about hosting on Airbnb.

Best,
Dana

Hi jumoe, I just want to let you know that I never received an email from you. I would love to compensate for your time, so please send me your email address if you feel comfortable doing so!

Here is my email address: danachoi2019.1@u.northwestern.edu
Thank you

thank you so much for being willing to participate! Yes, I actually closed this survey, but I plan to write another post related to this research about hosting on Airbnb. (if that’s allowed. I will check with the moderator beforehand)

Hello, thank you for your comment.
The link above was a survey for a pilot study, and I plan to write another post in a few days.
That post would include a short survey link to find phone interview participants.
The interview would be about asking their hosting experience and how it has/has not changed over time. The interview itself would be monetarily compensated.
I am an university student, and this research is for a self-conducted summer research study.

I just wanted to check once more if the post described above is okay to post here.
If not, please let me know and I will avoid from doing so.

Thank you!