Surprising bad experience from my current guest with their first Airbnb encounter

I can’t hide being the cleaning lady…hard to do when you have a private room location and they see you lugging cleaning products into the room along with new linens/comforters etc. LOL…and since we are a rental company with 2 STR’s and multiple LTR’s they can catch me in any type of clothing , everything from my painting clothes to being dressed up to show a property. I am proud that I work hard and since we cater to the “blue collar” working class it bring it down to a level they can appreciate. Also have never had a review that stated anything about my personal appearance.

2 Likes

@Cindy_Turner_Dodd You’ve made me think about my attitude. I need to stop thinking that the guests at the property I manage deserve any better than I give my own guests in my budget home. I’ve been pandering to snobbery, haven’t I? Damn :frowning:

It’s just that it’s a big property and with a tight turnover, it’s not encouraging for someone to be greeted by a demented sweaty unkempt person!! In my defence, I do the same at my own property - quickly change a shirt, brush my hair etc.

Well after all, we all know about first impressions and how important they are. It’s essential to get the rental into great shape for when the guests arrive but it’s important for me not to be too demented, sweaty and unkempt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed. Charm can only get you so far…!!

1 Like

I doubt that!

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to be critical…honestly…I do self check in for the majority of the guests however those that want a personal meet and greet I am always in proper attire… lol… I wear a lot of dresses in the summer so it is easy to slip on shoes and go. Of course if you call me at 2 a.m. you may get me unkempt with my hair askew if you call me out of my bed. Now if you are talking about "Berkshire Hathaway meeting… I almost clean in heels and hose…so I understand where you are coming from.

mamma mia, what a nightmare

We had two such reports from newbies. One was in Bermuda - the host’s son insisted on driving two young women home from a restaurant/bar and he was drunk.

The second, a couple from France arrived in Boston, were ushered into the garage and read a very long list of rules and told “If you don’t like it you can get the hell out”. Strangers to the country they didn’t feel much choice and checked in reluctantly. After a couple days the host did a 180 and was making them desserts, etc. They were happy to get to our more peaceful location.

I am glad that these people try Airbnb again!