Support team came through!

I returned from a vacation in Orlando with the grandson and immediately got sick with Covid. I had solid bookings for the next two weeks and did not want to clean (or be nice for that matter!) so I called the support line for advice. Our guest quarters are a private suite attached to our house much like a mother-in-law apartment. After sending in a note from the doctor confirming my status, Airbnb cancelled all my guests for the two weeks with no penalty at all to me and helped my guests find new accommodations. They were really helpful, responsive and I couldn’t ask for a better outcome.
I know this site is full of complaints about Airbnb, but we are happy to host and will continue to do so.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story. Sure, this site is full of complaints. But it also makes sense that Airbnb is more responsive to a situation where it doesn’t cost them money and the person “at fault” is a host, not a guest.

I’ve heard of numerous people getting covid right after a vacation. Best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

6 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: Yep, right here. It was my husband who got it after a trip out to Pacific Northwest. He’s almost over it now. So far I’ve tested negative multiple times. He had a very mild case…thought it was allergies at first.

1 Like

Odd that I got it and my husband did not. I’m glad I got the shots - this could have been so much worse!

2 Likes