Superhost Week Email

Nope, counted it, the map stays on the screen for less than 3 seconds.

Correct. You have to be ready and grab it when it presents. I had the “snipping tool” at the ready. It took a couple of clicks to get it but it runs on a loop so I just had to get the timing down.

I always send an alteration and I always get my second person fee so the count would be accurate. No way I would have ever gone and counted by hand and I don’t keep a spreadsheet so it was cool to see the number. I’m sure there is a lot of data they could give us access to if they wanted to.

2 Likes

My map is different to yours though, you have a lot more dots in the US but there are also similarities. Looks like it’s just some random map they are using and not relevant to your numbers. What a shame.

Where are you seeing the map? I don’t see it or any link in the email.

Anyway, I WIN!! 54 countries!! And most of my guests are couples/friends so… I WIN AGAIN!!

just kidding, btw. It’s not a competition, is it? :wink:

edit I just realised that you click on the text to see the map. It’s like some weird GIF. Totally meaningless.

When they upped the criteria on SH, they lost a number of good hosts (i.e. Kona) by a slim margin. Long term hosts like me were at the bottom of the food chain. Couple that with Plus hosts and there was really no incentive to chase after the brass ring.

I don’t think just a week will do it however.

2 Likes

It’s a generic map, we’ve got the same one and we’ve never had anyone from Australia or South Africa!

JF

3 Likes

Not any more it would appear.

JF

2 Likes

Also got the email minus the magazine - what is that magazine about? Is it useful?

This is useless. Just a fancy marketing stunt for what? Maybe some will be impressed. I’m not.
How about they give us a voucher of a cash compensation instead?
We make this company billions and this is what we get?

By the way, the map is not correct. There are too many countries which I’ve never had guests from.

I’m really surprised that I’ve hosted ppl from 31 countries. I have so many Americans and Germans so this is interesting to me. Useful? Not really. But numbers can be fun. Although many times just meh… Just like this email.

2 Likes

They could have at least sent a big box of chocolates. Would last about ten minutes here, but it’s the thought…:slight_smile:

It’s about travel using Airbnb. It’s attractive, reasonably well done. I put mine in the room and some guests look at it.

1 Like

For me the $100 travel credit each year is just as good as cash.

The best for the company is obviously a voucher so they keep the money in their business but I agree. Should have written “or” but regardless I’d appreciate that over this nonsense.

1 Like

Well if so I’d only be satisfied with Belgian pralines worth at least 200 :dollar:

This seems to be in the category of “no good deed goes unpunished.” It’s fashionable I suppose to criticize them no matter what they do.

2 Likes

Relax @KKC It’s an opinion.

What’s fashionable or not is besides the point. My view is exactly as valid as yours so what is your point with this comment? Oh, and please, if you wanna quote me, please stop being Trumpy and take my words out of context in a condescending tone. Which category this falls under is your interpretation and what’s fashionable or not, does exactly what in this context?

Anyhooo, If you really see this as a good deed good for you. I don’t. And I especially don’t feel i’m punishing anybody by expressing a view-point.

I just don’t see the point as opposed to a voucher hence the nonsense part. If they really appreciated our efforts a voucher would be better than this imo. (category: my opinion)

Oh, the irony…

Seems you could use a chill pill yourself.

1 Like

I’m gonna leave this thread for now. Thanks for talk.

2 Likes

Time for a mental Marguerita!

I’ve saved and edited mine and included it in my photos as “Over 500 guests from 20 countries”.

1 Like