Superhost status extended to 31st March 2021

I don’t remember seeing this posted, so for those concerned about losing Superhost status due to a lack of guests, worry no more, this is from a link that popped up on the dashboard this morning:

We value our Superhosts, and we know your Superhost status is valuable to you too. So if you’re a current Superhost, we’ve decided to extend your status through March 31, 2021, for the next two assessments—as long as you continue to uphold your response rate and 4.8 overall rating. During this extension, we’ll be waiving our usual criteria for the number of stays and cancellations.

I’m not sure we’d be overly concerned if we did lose it, for whatever reason, but I would have been a tad miffed if it was through lack of guests due to Covid, not through something we’d done.

What I find a bit confusing is where they state this:

Please note that starting in October 2020, only hosts who meet all four Superhost criteria will be eligible for the $100 USD Superhost travel or Airbnb Experience bonus. As always, thank you for consistently demonstrating what exceptional hospitality means.

Didn’t you have to meet all four criteria anyway?

JF

5 Likes

Do you think this will cover those of us who are currently snoozing?

It would appear to, on the basis they are disregarding the number of stays.

Which, in effect, means the other “criteria” will remain unchanged if your listing is snoozed.

JF

Isn’t this saying you’ll get the status but not the bonus if you are cancelling or not hosting many stays? If they declare bankruptcy they probably won’t be giving away any bonus anyway.

3 Likes

Duh, didn’t read that very well, did I? Yes, I think you’re right.

JF

1 Like

I’ve had my calendar completely blocked since mid-March, and my SuperHo was renewed the last go round. I don’t expect the bonus, based on 0 stays.

2 Likes

If I can manage to strategically time the booking of my next vacation, I’ll have two $100 Superhost Bonus coupons I can use. My current coupon expires April 22, 2021 and I will earn another on January 14, 2021.

Brian, I believe they cancel each other out once you obtain a new one. But I am very curious to see if you can or if anyone has successfully done this.

1 Like

I guess that wouldn’t surprise me.