Superhost burnout

Have you considered just doing it for a season or two. I’m a teacher so I only host during the summer. I don’t think I would have the energy and patience to do it year round. Try cutting back and just host a few months a year.

It was really fun reading this old thread. What’s most surprising is how little has changed.

4 Likes

A private garden guest house, to me, would be much more desirable than a bland anonymous hotel room! Make sure that your listing makes it clear that it’s much better than a hotel.

OP has been active here very recently and this post is from 2016 so s/he did get through the burnout, obviously.

I don’t think burnout will be an issue for me (“us”) because I am remote and our family divides up the work involved (there are four of us involved in this in one way or other). The ones doing the cleaning and mowing and preparation for incoming guests are getting handsomely compensated for the work and not dealing with any other part of the business.

That said, I hope @diamond54 might come back and tell us how they got through the burnout since this thread has been resurrected. I’m genuinely curious.

1 Like