Student looking for (Airbnb) hosts in Barcelona to interview

Hi everyone!

After discovering it is extremely hard to get in contact with Airbnb hosts, I am trying this website.

I am currently writing my bachelor thesis on the Airbnb hosts perspective on the taken measures by the city of Barcelona. I am looking for Airbnb hosts to conduct interviews with. Names of my interviewees will be completely anonymous. I would appreciate your help a lot and could advise your property to my friends and relatives. The interview could happen via Skype or phone call. Let me know if you are interested!

Kind regards,

Doris
Student International Tourism Management and Consultancy
NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences, Breda
The Netherlands
See less

Have you checked to see if there is a Barcelona local forum or FB group?

You are more likely to get hosts participate if you reward them for their time ie amazon voucher or similar.

I imagine you are aware that at the moment Barcelona is in a series of political circumstances, going through strange moments, certain groups are also “criminalizing” the IB host, it is very possible that all this makes the contacts you want to make difficult and much more that someone wanted to publicly mean.

• A.

Yes, I have. Unfortunately hard to find or just not existing… And yes I would like to reward people with vouchers.

For this reason it is difficult to find interviewees. But names cannot be used in a thesis so it would be completely anonymous.

Have you tried the Barcelona host forum.

If it really is too difficult then you will need to find another city or another thesis subject.

1 Like