Startup research - quick 5 min survey

Hello Airhosts community,

I work for a startup that is building a free app to simplify 1:1 communication between small business owners and their customers. One area we thought could potentially benefit from such a service is the vacation rental business, such as AirBnB.

To make the app as useful as possible for hosts such as yourself, we need a little more information about the renting process. We created a short 10 question survey to gather some useful data which would help us solve your problems regarding communication.

Here is the link to the survey: http://bit.ly/vacationowner101

If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them, just leave a comment!

Thank you for your time.

– Mike

(I tried PM’ing a mod/admin for permission to post but could not figure out how to PM them. I hope I am not going against the ToS of the forums by posting this survey.)

I did the survey…it only took 2 minutes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, we appreciate it!

I filled out the survey. It should be noted that the reason a lot of us prefer to only communicate through the airbnb platform is that it helps to protect us. If there is an issue or we need to make a claim Air can review all of our communications with the guest.

3 Likes

Yea, we’ve been hearing that a lot.

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:

We can already communicate through one app - Airbnb so I don’t see the point of the survey or how you would add value?

1 Like

@Helsi The app would add value in two ways:

1: It integrates a variety of messaging services into one single app. Think Outlook, for messaging/social media services instead of email.

2: It provides instant translation support. You set your own language, and then your customers (guests in this case) can message you in their preferred language, which will then be translated directly into your language.

@MikeH it sounds like you haven’t done your basic research. It’s against Airbnb’s TOS to communicate off platform for good reason. It’s not in the host’s interest to communicate using another platform/

Airbnb already provides a translation service.

You are trying to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Thank you for your response @Helsi

We are not building the app specifically for AirBnB we just thought that the app could potentially benefit AirBnB hosts. We are simply gathering information to find out if it indeed would help AirBnB hosts.

I did not know AirBnB had build in translation support for messaging. Could you refer me to a webpage explaining the service?

heeheehee… now I am really not interested! Outlook is the work of a committee of devils.

2 Likes

Its a lot easier to use and less clunky compared to outlook! :smile: :smile: