Stainless steel fridge door damage

Disclaimer: I know very little about tech and programming but… it’s my understanding that making changes in code is much easier in an app that on the website. So when they are beta testing stuff they try it on the app. In general the app architecture is easier to run and maintain. Don’t be shocked if, in the future, Airbnb is just an app, not an online site, similar to Lyft/Uber.

ugh. I hope not. I can’t type professional-sounding messages to people on a phone screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Use a saved message. Create them on the computer then once you’ve saved them, use them on the app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Venmo has now gone to the app only model.

1 Like

Lassoing with a metal buckled belt?

Actually there is. Click on the host’s photo and message her, doing it via a guest enquiry if necessary. It might seem a bit stalky but I did it once when I had a disturbing alcoholic guest and I needed support. Her review suggested something similar. When I chatted to her on the app it emerged she had in fact asked Airbnb to remove him from the platform. The evidence of our conversation was useful in getting his reservation cancelled. A photo of a milk bottle full of urine in the bedroom was also involved.

UPDATE: We settled with AirBNB paying for the cost of 2 replacement doors from Samsung. Not surprising, the guest never responded to our claim.

We tried getting AirBNB to add $200 (estimated cost for labor and disposal) but they wouldn’t pay out anything without documentation. I thought that was kind of bunk since, if we do the work ourselves, we wouldn’t know the cost of the disposal until we took the doors to the dump. In reality though, we’ll likely sell the fridge we have (it does seem like a waste since it’s only cosmetic damage) and use the payout to buy a brand new one.

1 Like

Thanks for returning to update us.

That’s an interesting decision and not one I would make. Putting a brand new fridge where guests can damage it? What was your reasoning?

I just meant, instead of buying new doors (which is roughly 1/2 the price of a new fridge) I’d rather sell the damaged one and get a new one. We live in the home 1/2 of the year so it’s also for our enjoyment. Also, I don’t think most guests are going after fridges with sharp objects :wink:

The whole house and everything in it are brand new and “damageable”, we just need to be more careful with who we allow to rent, I guess. I was actually concerned about this particular guest because, although all his reviews sounded positive, they had 4.5 stars on ‘observance of house rules’ and ‘cleanliness’ and they were only recommended by 2 hosts out of the 4 that left reviews. Why people don’t just leave honest reviews I’ll never understand!

1 Like

Oh duh, of course. That is a decision I would make. LOL.