Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Special Offers and Alternates

Hi all
I’m now 12 bookings into my Air BnB experience. So far so good - apart from a burglary (not a guest) a week before the cameras got installed!! Que sera.

On a few occasions I have pondered letting a guest stay in the alternate property and am not sure how to manage it. For example I have a couple from USA arriving soon - he appears to be very tall and I suspect would appreciate staying in the King Bed instead of the Queen. I have a studio with a Queen, and a full house that sleeps 7 that has King Beds in 2 of the 4 bedrooms. The house is more expensive of course and I wondered how I would go about letting him stay in the house instead of the studio but only pay the studio rates. - and of course would want him to review the house.

I’ve had requests to approve and decline and I see the Special Offer button but haven’t explored. Also this booking is already made and underway.

Do I just Block the house date and get a review for the studio and not the house?

Probably just leave it as it is and they have booked knowing it is a Queen.

Does anyone swap bookings around?

Thanks

My vote is the second option: just leave it as it is [because] they have booked knowing it is a Queen.

Probably will as it’s not his request - I just checked him out on Facebook before Accepting booking and thought 'Crikey! he’s a tall 'un
:slight_smile:

I had a similar situation and just managed it outside of airbnb. I assume you want to keep the vacant unit available until he checks in? In my case I just replied to the review to note that it was for an alternate listing.

Oh yes - good idea. And yes - want to keep it open just in case another booking.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!