Space heater/supplemental heater choices. Opinions solicited

It really doesn‘t matter what kind of heater you take.
Energy consumption is about the same for all.

The only heaters that are a bit more economical are petroleum burners.

I have 3 DeLonghi panel heaters as backup for my guests. They are cheap, silent and quick and radiate the heat wich gives a very comfortable feeling. And they look ok.
And on top of that their relatively cheap to buy.

For the price of a Dyson you buy 4 of these.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-us/products/comfort/portable-heating/mica-heater

If I had an upscale rental I’d probably get one. Costco had the Heat/Cool/air purifier for less than $400. But at $50 a night or less it’s hard to justify.

I’ve looked at these and similar. This is also the kind of size and shape that would fit best in my rental. It’s almost spring here so I think I can wait. Maybe I can get one on markdown.

I use a quartz infrared heater in my guest bedroom (it is always colder in there than the rest of the house and when no guests I close the vents completely). The one I bought is also in a wooden cabinet and has caster wheels so is easily portable. It also has a remote and a couple USB ports so I actually advertise that in pictures in my listing. I place it right next to the bed. Obviously, it can be moved anywhere else in the room since it has the casters.

The bathroom will automatically heat up with a shower or bath. Just ensure it is vented properly. I too love those heat lamps, but haven’t seen one in 20 years. A heated floor would be scrummy.

It took awhile to decide but what I got was a convection heater that is shallow and mounts on the wall. It’s only 450 watts so won’t overload a circuit. Its exterior is cool to the touch so I don’t have to worry about a pet burning themselves. No fan means it’s completely silent. Another plus is that excess cord can be stored. If you need to mount it farther from a plug you can do that. There are also hardwired models. It’s designed to slowly and quietly heat a small room. It doesn’t have a fancy display or a remote. It’s like an old fashioned radiator. It was easy to install and completely removing it from the wall during warm months wouldn’t be a crazy idea. Initial downside is that it’s offgassing a “new” but chemical like smell.

2 Likes

Can you post a link to it? That seems like a SUPER choice! I’m also wondering what type of flooring that is.

Full disclosure this is some kind of affiliate/referral link but I’ve clicked on it and it’s legit: Envi Rewards & Referral Program

Builder’s grade wood look tiles.

1 Like

Thanx! Your link gives us 20% off and you get $20 of points for your next order. I will be using it! I will likely also do the same for my mom as she is remodeling her back deck into an extra room sans heating and this will be perfect for when it is needed (and safer and more space saving and economical than the space heater she was planning to use!

Did you get the thermostat or timer by any chance?

How quick does it warm? I use propane in the main house so a quartz heater for 2-3 hours in my bedroom at night. I’m thinking this might replace that in the bedroom.

I just installed it today so don’t know much about how long it takes to heat the room. Mine has an on off and adjustable temp control bit no thermostat in the sense of “set to x degrees.”

The thermostat and the timer are accessories.

1 Like

That smell only lasted one day best I can tell. No guests have commented on the smell.

Yes, the link above benefits me, not the forum. I have been notified that people have used the link and purchased heaters. I don’t know who you are but if you are reading this and it’s you, thank you.

It was me! I bought one. Hasn’t arrived yet.

1 Like