South Florida Section

Hi everyone, I am a host and manage a few properties here in Delray Beach. I’ve heard from a few local hosts that the city issued them cease or desist orders for not being zoned for Airbnb activities; essentially their home was zoned as Residential which does not allow for short term rentals. They threaten with $500 a day fine and possible jail time. Has anyone else got letters from their cities?

1 Like

No I did not get any letters. I am renting lately mostly to longer term guests as it works much better for me , do I guess it won’t effect me anyway but wow they really working in close down Air in Florida if that’s the case

“They” in this case must be the city/village of Delray Beach, not the State of Florida. We’ve heard none of that sort of nonsense on this side of the State. Must be the same bunch of “condo Nazis” who screamed about passing yachts which “destroyed” their views of the Intercoastal Waterway.

1 Like

I’ve figured out that it was the neighbors that complained to the city. Its a very upscale single family home neighborhood and the neighbors weren’t alright with people coming and going…

1 Like

Hello I am in fort lauderdale no meet ups here
trying to find a group anyone out there
Beth

Haven’t heard of any recent meet-ups on your coast, or mine, Beth. The meeting with AirBnb reps that @MissMiami referred to was a year ago. There are a number of hosts on your coast that contribute regularly here…

No I don’t see any meet ups
too bad

a blanket just heavier and maybe quilted

Hello, all! I am a new AirBNB host and will be putting my first house online in the next month. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. I live out of state, but want to manage the property myself.

So, I’m looking for a couple of reliable, full-service cleaning services that specifically cater to short-term rentals and remote hosts. I’ve found a few local services, but their responsiveness has not impressed me so far. Any recommendations?

Also, one challenge I have not solved is how to manage trash pick-up. The cleaning services I’ve found so far do not haul off the trash, so this means I need someone to take my trash receptacles to the street every week and return them to the house once emptied. Other than trying to find a neighborhood kid to manage, has anyone found services that solve this?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I can give you mine . Eliza is amazing and very flexible. Why don’t you ask your cleaner to take out garbage cans and leave it there till pick up time . On my street it’s no problem to do.
Also check out Thumbtack.com.
This is the site I use to find all my house help and it works without failure

Thanks @Yana! I’ve heard of thumbtack but have not used it. I’ll give that a go…

1 Like

Hi Chad,

I can’t help with the cleaning thing I’m afraid but I just wanted to say hi from… Fort Lauderdale. We have two rentals near Las Olas - where is your place? Like Yana, we can leave the trash cans out on the street if needs be but it’s not always a good look. Can you ask a neighbour to help? You could ‘pay’ them with bottles of wine or something :slight_smile:

Hello, Jackie! My house is in Poinsettia Heights. Thanks for the info! I believe you’re correct that I can leave the bins out if needed, but as you say, it’s not preferred. I believe I’ve finally found a couple of cleaning companies that will help manage the trash bins as well, so problem solved.

Thanks for the inputs!

Chad

1 Like

No way to do that, but if you install the AirReview extension for Firefox or Chrome you can see the reviews that your guests have left for other hosts. This can be especially helpful if you aren’t using Instant Booking, but it can also help you head off potential issues before they happen, and to see guest behavior patterns.

Recommendations for a property manager around Naples, FL?

1 Like