Some questions!

I am new to Airbnb and just started hosting in May. The majority of my rentals have actually been through FB groups as I am very close to a local sporting venue and advertised in those specific groups. I was booked so full with that I really don’t have a feel of how I would have done with just Airbnb. I also had September blocked off until just 10 days ago so that probably hurt - but I have only 8 nights booked for that month. I want to come down in price, at least on weekdays, but will the guests that booked already in September see this and think why the heck are they getting charged $50 more?

My house sleeps 4 and two of the beds are in a loft up a steep ladder. Would it be worth it to add a sleeper couch to give the option of another bed on the ground floor and also be able to sat sleeps 6?

How many bathrooms/ toilets for 6 people?

Don’t worry about changing the prices around. Seasonal rates are expected.

Why reduce prices if you are getting bookings? Maybe if some closer dates are t booked. You can reduce to fill open dates. Guests in my experience don’t complain about rates other guests paid. Can they see what other’s paid?

Sounds like you’re doing everything right! Why mess with success?

1 Like

Maybe post a link to your listing to get more detailed comment about the set-up? I agree with others that say don’t worry about the price difference, like Louise said - guests who already booked won’t know and if they do notice it, well it’s seasonal prices and you da boss.

2 bathrooms with showers in both. One is en suite to the bedroom and the other is in the main living area. Is that enough?

My other question is whether to chase my last guest up for a public review. He texted me twice how much he loved and I think feels now there is no need for another review! It was his first Airbnb. It’s only been 3 days (he left Sunday), but I just have a feeling he isn’t going to.

That is the link. I had no problem at $200 from May-August, but I have come down in price in September because I had it blocked off so long I probably missed out. I also put it down in some of the later winter months. Not sure whether to be worrying about Oct/Nov yet and putting those rates down?

I wish I had made everyone on FB go through Airbnb so I would have more reviews and not worry about one guest!

Well, I had a lot of bookings for horse shows and now there is really only one show left. I am getting some fall/winter bookings, but not a ton.

1 Like

Sometimes the odd booking will come in during the off season. You have to be ready for a slowdown. It happens to me every year during summer in Hawaii. I plan for it. I use that time to deep clean or make repairs I don’t have time for during the winter. If your area gets cold and miserable during the winter you may not get too many bookings. Don’t drop it too low though. Decide on the lowest you want and keep it there for your base. Dropping your price too low will attract riff raff and cheapskates. Trust us, you would rather have zero bookings than guests like that. Your place looks beautiful. Don’t lower your rates!

1 Like

Great property Flashy! Drop your prices as you suggested for the weekdays in September, and open it up for up to 6 guests.

I’d personally increase the cleaning fee, but that’s your call. :slight_smile: