So very slowwww

There is a unique property in Belize that used to be totally booked out 2 years in advance. Now a look at their calendar shows available dates as soon as May. There are open dates for Nov, Dec of this year and Jan/Feb 2021 is wide open. They also increased their prices, probably to cover costs of sprucing the place up.

The truth is that Airbnb/smartphones/apps made it easy for anyone to get into the VR rental business. There’s plenty of supply and people can wait to make their plans now.

I just used the Smart pricing option and got a 3-day fill-in booking for the following week, which filled Feb (yay!). I noticed that my listing “advertised” the new low price with comment and a slash thru old price. When I experimented with lowering my price without using this feature, only my new price showed - no fanfare. Is this how it works? Also wondered if Air “rewarded” my choice by sending me this immediate incentive? :slight_smile:

well, it is considerably slower for me too, slower than last year. It is understandable but also keep in mind that 50% more listings were added to my area or so it says Airbnb.
People add listings on the market all the time. At some point probably this business won’t be so lucrative any more.
I considered renting to a nurse myself but i don’t like having strangers in my house for an extended period of time. It’s a small house.

1 Like