So thankful for Airbnb

Yes, despite some gripes and annoyances, Airbnb is facilitating us monetizing our unused space, something we could do on our own, or on other platforms with their pluses and minuses, but maybe not as easily. And just think how nice reading this thread is for whatever staffer Airbnb has assigned to lurk here . . .

4 Likes

Thank you annanyc for starting this thread. I have to say, despite moaning about certain guests and website issues, without Airbnb I would be seriously stuck. I started hosting 3 years ago after losing my job. I’m now a super-host with 1000+ great reviews, my salary is around four times what it was when I had a regular 9-5, have almost payed off my mortgage and have a lot more free time to put into my other projects. Oh and I almost forgot… I also met my wonderful partner of 2 years through hosting. Sometimes I can barely believe my luck when I think how well things have worked out. I definitely think I owe Mr Chesky a pint or two…

8 Likes

It’s me! Ha ha I wish, I would love that job! Lurking here with a faux persona, testing you all with faux problem threads, psychoanalyzing you all and reporting back to Brian with some analytics and metrics (whatever they are :laughing:).

Of course all your great suggestions will be my bright :bulb: and lead to my well paid promotion.

2 Likes

Was your now partner a guest? Too many oyster shooters after a late night arrival?? Rescued you from a burst water pipe :sweat_drops:?? Please tell!!!

2 Likes

Ohhhh sorry, Emily.I just read now your words…yes I am at Air BnB since 2016 and it was a very nice, funny, but also challengeful time, sometimes :slight_smile: Oh…sure…when ever you can…come to Austria :-))

Its great to read all the nice stories, here…nice and also hard…we are all human beings, just we are maybe more open to other Countries, then some others. I am now a Superhost since this year and I do the best to make my guests happy and its amazing how it works! Even tough some cant or dont or wont read my Profile and dont watch the many photos I did on my Profile…and then they complain in silence, well, at least with 4 Stars for the location…Has any others of you the same problem? It is so sad that people cant or wont read and watch…well, some do and others do as they cant read…grrrr…

1 Like

Hello, everyone, I am Jonathan and new over here.
Just for the start I want to open with you all. Its been so nice to be in the good topic.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is, isn’t it Jonathan :slight_smile:

Thank you for updating this thread. I think it’s important for people who read here to know that, despite the fact that all hosts have grumbles from time to time, hosting is a great thing to do.

There are plenty of us here who have been doing this for a long, long time and we are still enjoying it and making money - what could be better?

So let’s not forget that we’re lucky to have the Airbnb facility. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I agree with your point. It is important to be updated.
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like