So I want to buy a piano..... but guests

Get the piano, encourage its use. Let the guests know they may hear a piano. These are the elements that invite some travelers to choose a home/family environment over a hotel.

3 Likes

Spanish. Saxophone…

Hi @Helsi

(Don’t you speak another language other than English - maybe I’m thinking of someone else?)

A few badly; French, Italian, Latin, Irish :slight_smile:

1 Like

Having tried flute, guitar, choir, Japanese, French and Indonesian and failed, miserably, at all, I agree wholeheartedly. My brain must be wired differently and I’m in awe of musical talents and multilingual people.

2 Likes

I have a lot of experience with this.

1. buy a decent quality electric keyboard that has piano, as well as other good sounds.
  2. some include really good learning software
  3. buy decent headphones, and a headphone splitter ($4) so 2 pairs of headphones can listen.

Put a yoga mat under the keyboard for extra padding.
Do NOT buy an acoustic piano. Bad investment, heavy and tricky to move, got to retune periodically, and doesn’t allow you the flexibility of electric pianos.
Cliff

2 Likes

Excellent perspective! I once had a professional clarinet player stay… he played with the SF symphony among others. At first he wasn’t going to bring his clarinet but I told him it was okay if he did! He then said he had a ballet right after his stay with me so had to bring it and practice. Here I was expecting to hear like soundtracks to Woody Allen movies or something but it really turned out to be practicing scales, notes, and passages, like you said. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes