So Guys, the first guest stay is not going well :(

It’ll only get better from there! In our first couple of weeks, of course I was out of town, and the guests arrived around 10 pm. We had just finished a completely remodel of the house (including a new bathroom), and of course there was a plumbing issue and sewer gas was coming in from the tub, so the whole place stunk to high heaven. I had to try and find a backup place for them to stay in the middle of the night from across the state.

We’ve had about 120 guests since then, but there has been the occasional issue. Once the shower fixture broke off and spewed water everywhere, once a mouse came in and freaked the guests out and they left (my house rules state to not leave food out to prevent critters… they had food everywhere so it was their own doing), and once the power went out during a snow storm for 3 days, and the guests were without power or heat. I refunded all of them in whole or part, and that’s just part of doing this. But 95% of the time there are no issues with guests or our house, and it’s worth it in the end.