Snow storm/power outage during guest stay?

When the electricity went out and it was 117 degrees here, I put my guests up in a hotel that cost the same for the evening. Maybe they can survive cold, but not heat. My guests were very appreciative and didn’t even mention it in the review. The other 5 nights went well.

I have a nifty little flashlight I love. I assume it has some sort of internal battery but it never needs to be plugged in to recharge and there are no batteries to replace. You charge it up manually by winding the crank handle. It also has a usb port so you can charge up devices in an emergency situation.

1 Like

@muddy share a link please!

I was thinking about this the other day after our 3rd power cut in 2 weeks, it’s very very rare we get a power cut!

However I decided that it’s probably best to leave a Battery/USB powered light and 20,000mAh power bank in the kitchen draw, fully charged, ‘just in case’. I also had a roll up USB light strip that I’ve thrown in there too, jut for extra light if they need it.

1 Like

There are many good suggestions here. However, if your guests are also campers and traveling with their propane stoves and little heaters, they need to be cautioned NOT to use them inside. A chilly guest will recover. Carbon monoxide can quietly kill people.

4 Likes

There’s no link. I bought it years ago at Canadian Tire in Canada. Try googling hand-crank flashlight.