Sly Guests who get away with more that you bargain for

That is sage advice. Thank you for reminding me what I should already know.

Keep it handy for when I need the reminding!!!

Cheapskates. …

I will not allow any guest to sleep in my space unless they are pre approved or paid for throught he system. It can be dangerous. Non of my guests are allowed to bring anyone home randomly.

1 Like

ONLY registered guests allowed on property or in the apartment.

1 Like

You set your rates, so they can be as low as you want to, but beware, they lower the rate, the lower the standards of the guest usually. I price my space higher to weed out those who might not care for my space properly or have parties and such.

1 Like

This is not to say that I want low rates.

sounds like you had the same guests that contacted me to stay - I have been a host for 5 years with 98% occupancy on two rooms with two artists studios I look after from mates -
here are my rules
ask the right questions
ask about themselves, what they like to do, what thier reasons for travel are - family visit, celebrations, tourist, part of world trip -
when they say child specify age and needs -
the cheaper your room rate is - you are prone to people who take the piss and ask for discounts as they think you are cheap or not bothered or dont need the money ie you are doing airbnb to add to your coffers
be specific - do you have laundry button on - if you dont want people to do laundry say so in house rules
the more clear you are the less they will demand

I wish as an Airbnb host I got tips of that amount. I do however get perks, such as my current guest bought me an umbrella for my outside table on the patio. Cool beans~ :wink:

1 Like