Slippers as an amenity?

I just had a guest mention that they can’t find the slippers. Is that something that is offered in other areas?

I believe I can find some easily enough, but I’m curious to hear others’ experience.

The guest is from Albania (not Armenia as I originally said!).

Here’s some thoughts from last year.

1 Like

It might be a regional thing. When I was a flight attendant, hotels in Asia always had slippers but I have not seen that in Western Europe or USA.

While I know some hosts do provide them, this sounds like a case of someone from a different culture expecting things to be the same everywhere they go and expecting things that are not listed or mentioned in the ad, just because they were provided in some other Airbnb where they stayed.

1 Like

I guess if every hotel one has ever stayed in has had slippers, it’s not presumptuous to ask. She was perfectly nice about it.

It was not hard to accommodate her— I just walked over to the dollar store. I could have sent her to get them herself, I suppose, but it was an easy way to provide hospitality.

3 Likes

Sure, there’s nothing wrong with someone asking, nor in accommodating a simple request. I was just meaning that I don’t think it’s a common Airbnb amenity, which was kind of your original question, but of course I could be wrong.

Slippers certainly wouldn’t be offered where I live, in the tropics, where people are normally in flipflops or barefoot indoors.

It’s good to know that the dollar store has slippers. Next time I go there, I’ll buy a few pairs, just in case.

1 Like

Yes, I do. They aren’t always used but I leave two pairs of disposable slippers.

They are really cheap but I think that they give guests the idea of ‘luxury’ and ‘pampering’.

3 Likes

Inns, hotels, and ryokan (traditional inns) in Japan always have slippers for guests. I had a no-shoes AirBnB, but only offered slippers twice — to Japanese guests, who were really appreciative.

The slippers, still shrinkwrapped, came from British Airways, from back in the day when London-Tokyo flights stopped in Anchorage and Alaskans preferred Anchorage rather than Seattle as an entry port with more friendly Customs. Every pax on the flight got free slippers, and I was able to save the ones that other pax left behind so I had about half a dozen pairs.

1 Like

We offer slippers because we emphasize our house rule that shoes are not to be worn in the house.

So we have a slipper cabinet at the front door, filled with slippers as well as those blue ‘booties’ for workers who come in and can slip it over their shoes.

I don’t know how many people actually use these slippers. Our messages have suggested that guests bring slippers if they’d like slippers and their own at that.

1 Like

I have many amenities. Overwhelm better than underwhelm. My reviews reflect this.

2 Likes

I do not offer slippers. The vast majority in my country do not offer this as well.

How would you know there size? Would most guests be happy wearing a pair of slippers many other guests had probably worn?

Amazon sells slippers that are individually wrapped made of terry cloth, purchased in bulk it’s $24 for 12 slippers. The idea is that the guests would keep them.

After the OP inquired about slippers, I looked on Amazon and I plan on purchasing them with my Amazon points so it would only cost me $2. I’ll keep them in my linen closet and will supply them if requested.

I do like the idea of guests using slippers since I have wood floors but I would never make it a house rule.

1 Like

Other point scoring amenities:

Insect spray, an array of cleaning products, Netflix, YouTube, bathrobes, different styles and sizes of coffee mugs, an array of cooking knives, aircon and fans, air freshener.

1 Like

We supplied slippers for a while but they didn’t get used very often. The exception was international guests so I started only getting slippers for international guests and that has worked out.

I do think that if a host requires shoes to be removed that slippers, nonslip socks or flip flops should be provided. There are types that can be washed and reused for anyone worried about waste.

2 Likes

They are one-size, slip-on. The ones I use are disposable so guests aren’t wearing slippers that have contained other feet.

1 Like

How can “one size” fit anyone from a size 5 to a size 11?

Dunno, but that’s what it says on the box!

I spent about 20 $ on several pairs of slippers, I’ve forgotten to put them in the spa area, but will soon. I need to get that shelf inside the cabinet installed so more things can go in it, like the bath salts, new fluffy towels and the slippers… I found a black silk kimono that’s washable to hang on a hook that needs install too.

1 Like